Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new here, My vehicle is a 95 200SX SE, Manual GA16DE

Alright, I was driving to a delivery last night, and the car would sometimes not go into second or first, i had to let out the clutch and press it down again for it to down shift. I was heading back from a delivery, i'm in third, and its vibrating really bad(the shifter) so i downshift, and I hear a terrible like, crashing sound, then a bang.(like something hit something else. sounded like what i would imagine something falling out of the car.).sound stopped and the car wouldnt move when i tried to go. so it rolled to a stop. So im in the middle of the road, i tried to move the car, it wouldnt budge, so i tried to drive it, and i would get up to like 2.5-3k rpms and the car would inch along. then i smelt burning so i stopped. then my coworkers came up and tried to help me push it, and it wouldnt budge, and theyre like its in gear, and i check and the shifter was in neutral but the car was in gear, the shifter was in neutral so i let out the clutch and the car stalled. I had to sit in the car to press the clutch while they pushed, and it was still very hard, for two grown men trying to push a 200sx, it shouldnt be too hard, if at all. I would know. if i wouldnt park close enough to clear the driveway so id push the car myself.

So the car is stuck in gear, It will barely even move with the clutch pressed in.

What could it be?

EDIT: forgot to mention, upon attempting to drive the car, There were NO abnormal noises.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

It seems like the car tries to move, but it cant, i can move the stick into 1st and second, but the rest wont budge. Has clutch fluid. clutch works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
could be u have a clutch messed up... it happens with Old age which probly is it or a crapy driver riding the clutch thats bout the only thing i can figure if u smelt somthing buring

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,240 Posts
You need to check the obvious stuff.
jack up the car and inspect each wheel, axle for broken parts. See if you can rotate one wheel and the other turns the opposite way.
Check the motor mounts and clutch release arm and cable for proper operation.
if you cant find anything then it could be clutch, internal transmission and or selector failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts