Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 97 Sentra I close the door and the window lowered itself 2 inches, then I lifted it manually to close it. I'm afraid if I push the power window button the window might not go down or it may go down but not up.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts
Or drop all the way open and stay there,
I second the regulator !!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 97 200SX - if I put the window down, it won't come back up on it's own with the power window button. Behaves almost like the window is off-track - tries to bring it back up, but seems to push it into the back part of the window opening and gets stuck. If I manually pull the window forward, then hold my hand against it to keep it in that position, the power window button is successful in bringing the window up.

I did have regulator replaced (or as the dealer told me at the time, the solenoid) approximately 3 years ago, but can't now remember what that ran (for some reason about $250 sticks in my head, but not sure). Would be interested someone knows for sure what it runs.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts
I replaced the one in the 200Sx when daughter had it, part was $60 ish.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 97 200SX - if I put the window down, it won't come back up on it's own with the power window button. Behaves almost like the window is off-track - tries to bring it back up, but seems to push it into the back part of the window opening and gets stuck. If I manually pull the window forward, then hold my hand against it to keep it in that position, the power window button is successful in bringing the window up.

I did have regulator replaced (or as the dealer told me at the time, the solenoid) approximately 3 years ago, but can't now remember what that ran (for some reason about $250 sticks in my head, but not sure). Would be interested someone knows for sure what it runs.
I am having the same issue, this common?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It seems to be, particularly on 97's. I've often thought that the driver's window is underpowered - even when new, it has always been slow in the up direction.

Had her in the shop for a different issue today (radiator fans froze up) and forgot to warn the guy bout the window. I had to run out in the shop when I noticed he had pulled 3 other techs to try and get the window back up. Showed them the trick that I use with pulling window forward manually and then hold in place with palm while using power switch up. Since I don't feel like screwing with it at the moment I'll just keep working around it. Just one of her many lovable quirks at this point in her life (551K)...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts