Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was trying to put my new axles in today and had trouble getting them to seat all the way in the differential. I pounded them as far in as I felt comfortable doing but theres still maybe 1/2 inch left to go. I'm not sure what the trick is here but I think there is one. Anyone got a clue?

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
I have always had pretty good luck putting the car in neutral, and spinning the axle assembly while pushing in at the same time. I think it helps that lock ring on the axle spline center itself so it pops in easier ? All I know is it worked for me. :rolleyes:

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
astreamk1 said:
I have always had pretty good luck putting the car in neutral, and spinning the axle assembly while pushing in at the same time. I think it helps that lock ring on the axle spline center itself so it pops in easier ? All I know is it worked for me. :rolleyes:
I went ahead and just got them in as far as I could. I'm not sure how far in they're supposed to go, but they're engaging the diff and fit all the way through the wheel hubs. Does anyone know how much space is supposed to be left between the seal on the diff. input and the inner CV joint when properly installed? This is for an E16 manual tranny in a B11 btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts