Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
A friend of mine has the same ride as me, a 96 sentra though. Anyway, he tells me 2 weeks ago that his mechainc told him he needs a new drive belt, so I say ok, that's not too hard..

2 days ago he drives home hearing a lot of noise and of course I open the hood and see no belt at all. told him hes lucky to even make it to his house.

I had some free time this afternoon so I decide to pop it on. I haven't done it on my 200sx before but on my old prelude..

As you can see I had that one little page in the whole 6000 page FSM about these damn belts..

Now, I figure since I have to take off the damn power steering/water pump belt to get to the alt/ac belt i'd change that aswell. I loosen the bolts as shown in the picture and the belt doesnt budge.. so I cut it...

I put on the ac/alt belt without a problem (loosen the idler and adjust) it's nice and tight. I start the engine to make sure it's all good to go... no squeeks no problems..

Now here is my problem.. When I go to put on the second belt to finish up the job it doesnt fit...

I practically took out that damn belt tensioner... i loosened it all the way, that pulley aint moving... please help...

Am I going to end up having to take off a pulley (which there is hardly any space on either pulley) just to put a damn belt on? come one, lol

whoever solves my problem first gets a hershy bar, or their choice of snack. :)

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Loosen the pivot bolts holding the P/S pump to the engine. Then you should be able to push the pump towards the engine. Giveing you more adjustment to get the new belt on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That pulley would just not move at all, but i ended up getting the new belt on. The power steering pivot bolt wasnt letting go of the ps either. I think it seized up somehow. Took off the water pump pulley with a vise and 10mm. :)

Nostrodomas said:
Loosen the pivot bolts holding the P/S pump to the engine. Then you should be able to push the pump towards the engine. Giveing you more adjustment to get the new belt on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts