Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been a long time since I posted here, and while I once dreamed of turbo charging my 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE I've decided to take a different route. I just orderd ADR 17" 5 Spoke rims and 205/55r17 Toyo Proxes Tires, a Hotshot 1.8L CAI, I'm contacting a muffler shop to have a custom fab 2" catback exhaust mounted with a Stillen 2" muffler and custom fog lights put in. These basic mods are not for speed, but to make me feel like my car is unique and so that I can actually have a little uuhmph around town. I will post pictures of the end result probably in early april. Eventually, I plan to sell my Sentra privately and I'm going to purchase a 02 - 04 Infiniti G20.

The reason for this is my love for the Sr20De, now owning one and driving an infinti I love em so much I gotta have one myself.

During the summer my girlfriend and I traveled from St. Paul MN back to her home in Chahelis WA to purchase a rust free car for under $4,000 (in the midwest they salt the roads to prevent freezing - it also rusts the shit out of the under body of cars). After looking around for a long time we narrowed our sites in on a 1999 Mazda 626 with 99,000 miles on it, it had a lot of extras and they were asking 5500 and we got em down to 4000. Then we took a look at one last used dealer and we find the car we drove home - a black 1996 Infiniti G20t in emmaculate condition - only drawback was that it had 143,000 miles on it. After I inspected it in and out and we took it to my gf's dad - who owns a mechanic shop, we talked the dealer down to $4500 (the blue book on it last summer was $7,500). Now nearly a year later the car has 152,000 on it and we've only had one problem - the water pump failed tallying a $600 dealership replacement. Other then that the car runs prestine and I love driving it (even though its an automatic and mines a stick).
Chalk up one more to the Sr20DE list of addicted enthuseusts!

·