Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking threw a recent JCW sport compact catalog and found a product called the "Tornado" . An engine performance booster.
It says that the tornado creates a mini whirlwind of air to ensure best fuel atomization possible. It also has a note that some cars including NISSAN have 2 air intake houses therfore to tornados would be required .
It says that it is proven to increase 13 hp. So if you have to have 2 for a Nissan does that mean you get a increase of 26 hp ?

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Death to the Tornado! (and all similar worthless scams)

I vote for the sticky note.... if the performance gains sound too good to be true, it most likely is. All the Tornado POS is gonna do it block air intake to your motor. And you don't want that to happen, do you? ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NEED AIR

place racing has a good cold-air intake system, get that and a Jim Wolf (Pop charger) I'm not sure of the HP but it is pratical. Don't forget the AEM (by pass valve) My friends car just took a drink. ( if you do this you will be cheeseing:D )
- step on the gas and listen to her pur!!!
RUTH'LESS

·
Registered
118 Posts
they dont work because they go after the maf and the computer will not register the added air resulting in a lean air/fuel ratio

·
Registered
15 Posts
they dont work because they go after the maf and the computer will not register the added air resulting in a lean air/fuel ratio
haha that makes me laugh.

The reason it will not work is because you are basically putting a non-moving fan blade in the way of you intake. This is BLOCKING THE AIR GOING INTO THE MOTOR!!!!! It is restricting the airflow that is it.

How would the computer not register the added air? there is only one way for the air to get into the motor, and that requires passing in though the MAF sensor. There is no "added air". Bottom line, stay away from this piece of crap!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
tornado

i have that shiet in my car , u stick it in ur intake tube and all 4 of ur intake manifold gets the same amount of air but it doesnt really help hp wise it makes the intake slightly louder but it does save lots of gas

·
Registered
58 Posts
u stick it in ur intake tube and all 4 of ur intake manifold gets the same amount of air
Huh?:confused:
You only have one intake manifold.
And how exactly does it make "all 4 intake manifold" get the same amount of air?

but it doesnt really help hp wise
That much is true.

but it does save lots of gas
Can you prove that?

The Tornado is one in a long line of automotive products that, at best, don't do anything for your car. And at worst, can hinder the performance of your motor.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Intake manifold

the trottle body opens air goes into intake manifold. the four tubes that you see allows air to the block with the four fuel injecters:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stealth_b13 said:

the place racing system comes in 2 parts the mass air flow sensor goes in between the 2 pipes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts