Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried searchin but i couldnt find anything helpful...i need help to find my door sensors becuz my door light doesnt go off....i have no clue...i even slammed the shit outta my doors but its still on...when i drive i noticed that the light flickers on and off...but when i stop its stays on...any suggestions on whut i should do???

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
cwrr226 said:
i tried searchin but i couldnt find anything helpful...i need help to find my door sensors becuz my door light doesnt go off....i have no clue...i even slammed the shit outta my doors but its still on...when i drive i noticed that the light flickers on and off...but when i stop its stays on...any suggestions on whut i should do???
The Dome Light Door Sensors should be on the edge of the door frame, on the body not on the door.
they just push in, it is a little spring loaded switch that completes the circuit when the door is open if it is working properly.
The Sensor only has 2 small wires going to it on each side.
The Wire clips on to the sensor, the clip can be removed with needle nose pliers quite easile and voila, problem solved, but then the lights don't come on when the doors open!
The wire is behind the kick panel on either side of the back seat, you will see it if you remove the panel, i think it is the only wire near the edge of the door frame...!

·
Registered
189 Posts
The sensor is right under the latch part of the door. I had this problem at times. The problem probably is what I had. The sensor has a piece of plastic on top of it which is covered by a rubber cover. The piece can slide off to the side and the sensor then doesnt fully get depressed. Look at it and see if you can get it (plastic piece) back on top of the plunger piece that triggers the light sensor.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
The sensor is right under the latch part of the door. I had this problem at times. The problem probably is what I had. The sensor has a piece of plastic on top of it which is covered by a rubber cover. The piece can slide off to the side and the sensor then doesnt fully get depressed. Look at it and see if you can get it (plastic piece) back on top of the plunger piece that triggers the light sensor.
Yeah, that sounds right to me! :banana:
That has happened to me before in some other vehicle's but not my 240 yet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well i checked out my sensors on both of my doors and im know that its the driver side thats giving my problems..i had taken off the rubber cap on the sensor and when i push the sensor in with my hand the light and stupid chime goes off...but when i take my hand off of it and close the door it sounds like its out....whut do i do to solve my problem of the stupid sensor....

btw i ripped the rubber thing around the sensor so its just the sensor and the door....

so whuts stoppin the sensor from being depressed????

·
Registered
58 Posts
cwrr226 said:
well i checked out my sensors on both of my doors and im know that its the driver side thats giving my problems..i had taken off the rubber cap on the sensor and when i push the sensor in with my hand the light and stupid chime goes off...but when i take my hand off of it and close the door it sounds like its out....whut do i do to solve my problem of the stupid sensor....

btw i ripped the rubber thing around the sensor so its just the sensor and the door....
so whuts stoppin the sensor from being depressed????
nothing is stopping the sensor from being depressed...it isn't being depressed enough. I had this problem before and heres the way I fixed it ghetto style.
Take a nickel and tape it to the door where the sensor is supposed to press on it.....close the door the light is off total cost one cent worth of tape and a nickel ta da! problem solved :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nik33615 said:
nothing is stopping the sensor from being depressed...it isn't being depressed enough. I had this problem before and heres the way I fixed it ghetto style.
Take a nickel and tape it to the door where the sensor is supposed to press on it.....close the door the light is off total cost one cent worth of tape and a nickel ta da! problem solved :rolleyes:
well i tried this idea but instead of a nickel i used a pound its a lil bigger than a nickel and a lil wider...but its still not workin though...when i shut the door the light goes off for a milisecond when the door hits the body but its still on....thanks for the idea...but its not workin...any more suggestions....

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok let me get this right when you depress the sensor by hand it goes off?? But when you close the door it doesnt...

The rubber piece that was on it had a piece of plastic in it that made it so when the door was closed it pushed that sensor all the way in. You need to put that peice back on it and make sure the plastic tip is in place on the front of the sensor. Also try just taping the sensor down if you want. It will be ghetto but it will fix your problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris90FB240sx said:
ok let me get this right when you depress the sensor by hand it goes off?? But when you close the door it doesnt...

The rubber piece that was on it had a piece of plastic in it that made it so when the door was closed it pushed that sensor all the way in. You need to put that peice back on it and make sure the plastic tip is in place on the front of the sensor. Also try just taping the sensor down if you want. It will be ghetto but it will fix your problem.

yep....hand off....door on....

ill go to a junkyard and see if i can find a rubber piece becuz i threw away the rubber piece becuz i read on another post that it could be in the way....i tried to taped the sensor down but cant find anything strong enuff....when the door is closed and i give a slight push from the outside the light goes off and the door light on the dash says the door is closed so.....i was thinking the door must have sag a lil bit down....i got that theory from another post...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill go to the junk yard right after my class ends at 2:50 and ill post and let u know if works or not....im thinkin it wont becuz i have the rubber cap on it b4 and it didnt work but its worth another shot...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts