Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows where the chime sound comes from? I found it. Its inside the gauge cluster. I was changing my bulbs and saw the plug for the bell. In case you need to know. :p

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
DAMN! Could never find where it was coming from. I hate that little sucker... it's the worst sound on the B13s... B14s have a nice chime, not the EEEEH! sound of death. ;) Thx for the heads up!

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Lol, in the winter it really does sound like its dying. But it's plenty annoying when it's working properly. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im just thinking, is that the same ding-dong for the lights on?

As annoying as it is I wouldnt disconnect it because it lets me know if my door is open. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Re: Im just thinking, is that the same ding-dong for the lights on?

Classic XE said:
As annoying as it is I wouldnt disconnect it because it lets me know if my door is open. :rolleyes:
The very same ;) It has saved me a couple times from leaving my lights on which is why I still have mine connected. Can't remove the door switch on the B-pillar either because that also turns on the overhead light, which is rather useful at night.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leave it

Some things are meant to stay untouched. As cool and different some people want to be, some things need to stay stock. Theyre there to remind you of something. ;)

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I didn't mess with the buzzer itself. I just pulled a fuse from the box by my left knee and it killed the buzzer part-way. For example...

- When the car starts, it still buzzes 4 times
- When you take your seatbelt off while the car is moving, it doesn't keep buzzing and buzzing till you put your belt back on. It just buzzes 4 times then stops
- When the car is running, and I open my door, the buzzer does NOT come on :)

The fuse pulled, FWIR, was the 10-amp "Electronics B" fuse. Don't quote me on it, but it didn't mess with any other interior lights, sounds, etc. Had it out for 6 months w/o a prob.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
sentra94xe said:
DAMN! Could never find where it was coming from. I hate that little sucker... it's the worst sound on the B13s... B14s have a nice chime, not the EEEEH! sound of death. ;) Thx for the heads up!
yeah i unpluged it on my b13. the thing sounded bad and was always changing tones plus my door switches where wore out and i couldnt sit in my car with the keys in the ignition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts