Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have an 87 sentra hatchback. I can lock my door by pushing the lock down, but when I close the door, it unlocks itself. Is this a normal thing, or is something wrong? It happens to both the drivers and passengers doors.

Thanks

· Registered
17 Posts
They are just what are called "dummy locks" well where i live anyways. You just need to hold the door handle up when you lock the doors and its all good. Its normal, it just gives you one more thing to do before you lock your keys in the car. :)

· Registered
18 Posts
My '70 Impala is the same way so I figured it out in no time but the wife didn't.:D

I told her to lock the passenger side door when she got out and she thought she did, I told her to check it and it opened right up on her. This went on for about 3 minutes with me laughing the whole time before I told her the right way to do it.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
was the same on my 87 nissan pickup but the wife's 88 toyota pickup you didn't have to hold the door handle,

· Registered
752 Posts
I kinda had the same prob only with the hi/lo beams on my Toyoduh. After driving a Chevy forever, I jumped into the Toy and pulled back the blinker lever and I got a springloaded momentary brights. Figured it must be messed up. Well, a couple years later, while complaining about it while driving down the road, my buddy said "did you ever try to flick it forwards?" :dumbass:

· Registered
1,266 Posts
that reminds me of the dumb ass (ME) that thought where it said "fuel" in the gauge cluster was a low fuel light LOL

· Nissan Junkie
918 Posts
ahardb0dy said:
that reminds me of the dumb ass (ME) that thought where it said "fuel" in the gauge cluster was a low fuel light LOL
I had almost forgotten about you LOL Yeah those silly japs never could leave well enough alone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.