Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my metallic Dark Gray (almost black) 93 sentra since June of 94 and it had 6,000 miles on it from some old lady. It just reached 100,800 miles last weekend. I have recently noticed that the door doesnt close as easily, and the door goes up slightly when it closes. It appears to be sagging just a half a centimeter or so (probably less). The doors just don't sound like new anymore. lol Has anyone else noticed this or have a remedy?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep, it might as well be a damn recall or something. Practically EVERY Sentra gets the sad door sag with age...hmm. I'm fixing mine this weekend. New pins and new metal bushings and see if that works. I don't exactly feel like putting down $38 from the Stealership for each damn hinge. I think it's a rip. So I'll figure out someway to fix it. I might run to a junkyard because I need a new visor anyways!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Zexel, where did you buy the pins and bushings?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh, I haven't bought anything yet. I'll go somewhere and attempt to rig something up though. Believe me, I'm going to work hard to make this door sag go away!! When I do buy them I'll let you know.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Check a parts store. I know NAPA carries the pins and bushings for some cars. I've heard of people swapping the hinges from side to side, in which case you'd be flipping them upside down. Don't know how well that works though. Even if I did that I'd put new pins and bushings if they're available and inexpensive.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'll check out the stores around my dads house later while I go and pick out what I need. I figure that swapping the hinges wouldn't be that bad of an idea...BUT it would just make them sag more once the wear came along. I mean that's why they sag, is because of wear and stress by weight. So if it's already been stressed it'll just stress to the other side and do it worse. Kinda like if you get a small piece of plastic and bend it, then bend it back to the other side, it seems to get "thinner" and weaker on the vertex of what you bent it at. Anyone get it? So it would just break easier. Or in this case, sag more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts