Nissan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like title says. ive had them for 2 1/2 years and have had about 4 break on me but never to the point i coulnt get them off, till last week. i went to a savage yard to get my rims and one lug on 3 of my rims split open far enough that the key would just spin and i had to lose my rims with the car. anway dont use these chaep things . im just glad i never got a flat

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard that same problem from some friends in the Honda/Acura community.

·
Flux Capacitor is the key
573 Posts
Wait...are you sure about it, that they were Gorilla lug nuts? I jut got my new rims from tire.com and they came with Gorilla lug nuts, plus 4 lock nuts too. They seem to be fine, but since this is an issue I'm going to check them tommorrow.

Since you do mention it, I had a problem screwing & unscrewing the Gorilla lug nuts with the Stock Nissan Lug Wrench. If you use the Lug Wrench that looks like a cross then it might work. For 10 bucks that lug wrench really is good. You can get these from any Auto Hardware store.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I'm getting McGaurds
I just can't decide on chrome or gunmetal.

·
573 Posts
Phew for a second there I was really scared. I think it was most likely coincedence!! Come on...do you think a company like tire.com would give out shit lugs to its customers?

Yo 1CLNB14 your lug color will primarily depend on the color of your wheels and your car man. I couldn't tell you without that information, but personally I would go for chrome, I think that matches most colors.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
The car is white, and the wheels are gunmetal with a polished lip.

·
573 Posts
Well...if your wheels are gunmetal then, its kinda obvious what you should get. I'm not to fond of chrome lugs with a gunmetal wheel...It wouldn't be right. I recommend the gunmetal...but the final choice is always yours!

G

·
Not to sound like a ass but since your car was already in a salvage yard, why not just chop the axle take your wheel and figure how to get the wheel off when you got home..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its cool

good question. any way i coulnt chop off the axlecuz the insurance company was buying my car and it worked out any im gettin 2400 extra for my rims and audio equipment (still lost out)

G

·
Its better then nothin though.... When I had My classic I Had about 2 grand in sterio and when it was broken into State Farm only gave me 600 dollers.. I had the right insurance and everything but that's just what I got.

sucks huh

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you get coverage for the equipment in your car? my insurance has copies of receipts and pictures of the equpiment installed on my car and covering my stuff is only like 7 bucks extra a month

·
Registered
393 Posts
does anyone know how to get a "stuck" lugnut off there? ive got stock lugnuts. haha.... but i really need to change my brakes, and one of them wont come off. its like its cross-threaded or something. ive tried loosening it, then re-tightening it and stuff and it wont budge. any ideas?

·
Registered
500 Posts
If it's cross threaded you're a goner. If we ever had someone come in with a cross threaded lugnut we would inform the customer and when they gave the okay we would bust it off with an impact gun and install another stud and lugnut, charging parts and labor of course.

·
Registered
393 Posts
damn, that sucks... thats what i was thinking. can you replace individual studs? ill take it to my local HS and ask to use the impact wrench. my autoshop teacher is all proud of me cuz im going to UTI. haha

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep... basically what has to happen is you just take a impact gun to it until it breaks off (nut and part of the stud together). Then of course you have to replace the broken stud... an Impact Gun is used again, this time to pull/lock the new stud into place.

Isn't hard really if you have the right tools...

·
Registered
393 Posts
thanks guys. ill probably get a new set of rims too. cuz i did some "cold-weather rubber testing" and hit a curb on one of those "cloverleaf" onramps..... (i wanted to see how fast i could go LoLz... dont do this if you have cheap tires and its cold)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts