Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem Im having is that for each gear my transmission wont allow me to accelerate past 10 mph increments. (i.e. 1st-10mph, 2nd-20mph, etc.) If I do try to go faster before changing my car starts shaking. I cannot go any faster than 60mph. Dont really know what the problem is. Friend suggested I change out sparkplugs, does that have anything to do with it? Thanks for any help.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is a SES light the check engine light;) Yes I do if it is. Would resetting the computer take it out of safe mode? Could a piston be misfiring or something. Once I smelled something like oil when I was taking off.

· Registered
801 Posts
Yes, it would take it out of safe mode. But there's probably a good reason it went into safe mode. You need to find out what code is present and we can help you further. You can either take it to Autozone and get read for free or you can do the "peddle dance" yourself. ECU code listing and how to (SES light) - MSV

Unless you have an OBDII reader, then you can do it that way also.

What's mods do you have done to the car? I hope you have atleast a header and have loctited your butterfly screws

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.