Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the place where i ordered the frickin det from sent me a japan spec 2wd tranny from a primera. well will this fit? i have a 95 200sx btw. my second gear is grinding like a mofo. second if it does fit do i need to change the axles out? i was told i do depending on the year it was made. also will my vlsd from my stock tranny slide right in? damn sorry for asking so many questions. also do you know where i can get a used or rebuilt us spec 95-97 5speed se-r tranny? thanx all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your tranny and axles should work fine.
As far as finding a newer tranny ,look in the classifieds on se-r.net or maybe try JGY Customs in VA. Those guys can find anything and may be a good source of info. for your swap.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what year primera? the tranny case is different on the lsd tranny, is the new one lsd or not? you could steal the gear stacks out of the new one and swap it to your current case

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for the late response

they didnt tell me what year the tranny is. so i could swap out the gears then.. cool i think ill do that.. i want to keep my lsd even though it is viscous. but better than nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts