Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 nissan 200sx, its been running great with a new intake has a new engine and all. Just today out of no where the car started to sputter and stall out on its own. It doesnt want to start and if it does it chokes itself out quick. I got it started and kept it going for no more then a minute and the exhaust was glowing red. It started burning the grass and anything under it. The car has a custom catsback with magna flow muffler and Ram intake with a mass air flow filter. I dont know if any of these could help to cause the problem, but I do know that I have a bad EGR.

Any help would be great.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
A bad egr could make it sputter, I think, but I'm not sure if it would make the exhaust glow. Does it run better/worse at certain rpms?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its sputtering at any rpm. The problem came out of no where, it was driving fine all day. I had just filled up half an hour before the problem. Could bad gas even start to cause something like this?

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Possibly, you could try to change your fuel filter, that might help. Still not sure about the glowing exhaust though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts