Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dome light does not turn on when I switch it to on. It does however turn on when it is switched to the door spot, and the door opens. I am confused as to how to go about fixing this. Does anyone have any insight??

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
I would say no to the ground wire being the problem, if the works that means it has its power and ground. I would suspect the switch.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Right, should have been clearer. If you take the plastic lens off you wont see any wires though, they are really metal links that handle the current flow(to see the wires you have to remove the 2 screws that hold the main part of the light in). if you flip the switch a couple of times you will see which contacts do what. make sure teh "on" one is clean and the metal link is not broken. Also make sure the screw that grounds it is tight.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
The same thing happened on my B13. I recently had modified the dome light to accept an M6 bulb (like a 194, but bigger and higher wattage) and one of the pins that the switch connects to when it's in the ON position had come loose. I just Krazy Glued it back into place.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the metal link is missing on the "on" position. On the door position there is a small ring around the link and the "on" switch doesnt have it therefore and i can see its not making the connection. What do i do?? Can i buy another one??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Nissan xtrail 2007 with a faulty dome light. I noticed it wasn't working when the buzzer that warns you've left the headlamps on never sounded. I discovered that the bulb had fused. I replaced it but it still won't work. All the other door switches active it but not the driver side. Not even the dash light says the door is open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts