Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see a riced out Integra with a body kit, Altezza's, wheels too big for the car, dropped about 3", big tip, and huge unneccesary wing? Thing wasn't even fast. He got on in next to me and went just about no where! I mean it was decent looking I'll hand him that. Well, he got into the left turn lane and I got in the left lane to go straight, I'm checking out his car and I see this guys 2 boyfriends in there with him (He was prolly 17, so were his friends), then he rolls past me and one of his friends screams "What's the retail on that thing?" I yell back "Not enough that's for damn sure!"...I mean seirously, I'm all stock XE pos and I think I would've taken him. Definately not a GSR but c'moooon people!!! Sorry just had to rant about this!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This totally gives me another reason why I should mod out my car, and drop in an SR or Blue Bird, so I can roast these little punks!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I figure if you dont have enough money to mod it right now do all the free mods and take alot of crap out of your car. XE have to many things that arnt needed like a/c p/s rear speakers trunk carpet and card board. all that can yeild you less weight and a faster car. Adv. timing t/b mod and open airbox mod will give you little bits of hp untill you get some cash.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm coming up on enough to get my wheels and tires, I just don't want to put the wheels on if I don't have a little bit of a drop. adn the suspension I want is going to run me a good 750 or so. (KYB AGX Adjust. with Ground Control coilovers). But I was thinking of just getting me some springs alone until I get enough for that. I'd rather have a good looking car at first, THEN make it fast, instead of an alright looking fast car. See what I mean? I'll prolly take out AC, I NEVER use it. But I have to keep my PS...I'm sorry but it's something I wouldn't be able to live without!

·
Registered
142 Posts
haha every one says that about the p/s but i have been drive like year and 1/2 without it and i dont even notice it anymore i just got used to it you know. Any way good luck in moding your car to be faster than hondas :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Roasting those F?#*@ H and A Bit****

It is not really that hard to out run those Tegra or Civic. Just give your ride a OEM plugs, cone filter and a bost in timing.
Loud exhaust, free flow of course. Run the pipe from the front bumper to the filter should do the trick.
I spend less than a 150 bucks to tune my classic SE-R up, and please use injector cleaner.

·
Registered
672 Posts
um, this an question from ignorance,but what is ps?

·
Registered
163 Posts
ehh....I live in southern california and I see riced out imports/domestics on a daily basis. After a while, it just blends in with the rest of the cars out there. Yes, I still turn my head to see what it is, but its just a force of habit.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Zexel said:
I'm coming up on enough to get my wheels and tires, I just don't want to put the wheels on if I don't have a little bit of a drop. adn the suspension I want is going to run me a good 750 or so. (KYB AGX Adjust. with Ground Control coilovers). But I was thinking of just getting me some springs alone until I get enough for that. I'd rather have a good looking car at first, THEN make it fast, instead of an alright looking fast car. See what I mean? I'll prolly take out AC, I NEVER use it. But I have to keep my PS...I'm sorry but it's something I wouldn't be able to live without!
Hey do you want my Eibach Sportlines? I need to sell them because I have to pay for those Hyperco's and I can't take back my deposit. (I'm going to end up short a little like $125)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much do the Sportlines drop it (realistically)? are they installed on the picture on your site? looks like a good drop to me. and you want how much for them? 125?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Look up the specs, unless the civic's got a vtech in it, a GA16DE is more powerful. Shit I beat some jackass in an Intrepid one night and the other night a guy in an old school Eclipse Turbo (He couldn't have been making boost). Nobody gives the GA16 credit, but I've held my own against people that I expected to kick my ass. I've only got a homemade CAI, and advanced timing. I'm still going to do a DET swap into a classic SE-R, but I'm tired of people shitting on the GA16.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok, all you guys who are saying get rid of the PS...

In an SE-R, is there a stock tensioner I can use to replace the PS pump pulley?

Cause my power steering pump pulley is the only tensioner on the same belt that turns the water pump, with of course is a requirement :D

This is an SR motor question, naturally.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Zexel said:
how much do the Sportlines drop it (realistically)? are they installed on the picture on your site? looks like a good drop to me. and you want how much for them? 125?
The drop is 1.6"/1.5" from factory height. The picture was taken with a little bit of a stereo in the rear. If you've got your car gutted it'll be about .2"-.5" taller in the rear than my picture. I like it.

Now if you don't want such a low drop, I put a $100 non-refundable deposit for the $289 hyperco's two weeks ago (they didn't tell me the deposit wasn't non-refundable till now, doesn't even say it on the receipt). They have a 1" drop w/ 300/200 spring rate. You can buy those if you want for that price. They're supposed to be a good setup if you don't want to go with coil-overs. I am purchasing these hyperco's through www.highperformanceonline.com Isidro is the nissan guy. These are the last available set for the custom spring deal. You'll have 1 part of the perfect setup.

I have to either sell the sportlines to help pay for the hyperco's or someone could by the hypercos and then I can go get a header or fix my A/C since I live in Texas. I already have KYB GR-2 struts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Riced out honda's

Nissan was created to put all those honda ricers in their place. I would give honda respect if they were a high quality car, but my GA16DE tears honda in half. I've owned two Nissans now my latest is my Sentra, I'll drive Nissan forever. It feels good to smoke all those ricer cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
count me in on deffinatly destroying a few hondas but as far as looks go guys u got to hand it to them some of these cars turn out pretty clean looking others are just stupid looking. see but no offense iam all for the nissan corp and cars but everyone complines how there are no bodykits and such for the car what if people get civc kits and have them molded onto our cars. trulry myself i love just the classic sentra look but iam heading toward more show than go and if we have all kept up on our reading there are atleast 7 kits that i know of for our cars and plus the guys at nismo are creating alot of parts for our cars such as the skyline grill. we all just need to poke around and see whats out there for us belive me its hard i know ive been doing it for 2 years now and i havnt found much. cause alot of the parts for our cars need to be custom made and there isnt a big market for the cars so we need to be really damn creative on what we do. i mean i dont know how u all feel bout this but iam sure everyone of us has sad damn look at that honda would be nice to have our cars lookin like that!!!!!!!! but hell we will all survuve.

·
Registered
672 Posts
93sentraxe said:
count me in on deffinatly destroying a few hondas but as far as looks go guys u got to hand it to them some of these cars turn out pretty clean looking others are just stupid looking. see but no offense iam all for the nissan corp and cars but everyone complines how there are no bodykits and such for the car what if people get civc kits and have them molded onto our cars. trulry myself i love just the classic sentra look but iam heading toward more show than go and if we have all kept up on our reading there are atleast 7 kits that i know of for our cars and plus the guys at nismo are creating alot of parts for our cars such as the skyline grill. we all just need to poke around and see whats out there for us belive me its hard i know ive been doing it for 2 years now and i havnt found much. cause alot of the parts for our cars need to be custom made and there isnt a big market for the cars so we need to be really damn creative on what we do. i mean i dont know how u all feel bout this but iam sure everyone of us has sad damn look at that honda would be nice to have our cars lookin like that!!!!!!!! but hell we will all survuve.
amen brutha! i know just how you feel. theres not enough body parts for our cars, sadly.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts