Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever you see a civic or an integ. where the front wheels are stock black rim's, and then the rear wheels are beautiful konig, or motegi or something.. or they have nice rims up front, and ugly steel stock rims in back.. i hate THAT.. I HATE IT

R

·
0 Posts
the only time I put the stockies on the front is wen I take the car to the shop.ASSHOLES dont know how to drive worth shit. then I get home and change it back.. But during that time I dont care what ppl say they dont pay for muh shit I do.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
i was kinda under the impression that people put their front stock tires back on for (illegal) street racing purposes. that way their stock tires take the punishment wrought from peeling out and such instead of their larger, more expensive tires. i've also seen rear wheel drive cars with stocks on the rear and expensive rims on the front. same idea. i think it's a principle borrowed from real drag racers who tend to put smaller, skinnier tires on the wheels putting down the power to the street. my buddy has a theory that wheels with smaller, skinnier tires turn more quickly because there is less tire and wheel to rotate, etc. he showed me a bunch of math, but i shrugged it off and took his "theory" for what it was worth...

whatever the case, you guys are dead right ... it still looks stupid.

R

·
0 Posts
hard_charger said:
i was kinda under the impression that people put their front stock tires back on for (illegal) street racing purposes. that way their stock tires take the punishment wrought from peeling out and such instead of their larger, more expensive tires. i've also seen rear wheel drive cars with stocks on the rear and expensive rims on the front. same idea. i think it's a principle borrowed from real drag racers who tend to put smaller, skinnier tires on the wheels putting down the power to the street. my buddy has a theory that wheels with smaller, skinnier tires turn more quickly because there is less tire and wheel to rotate, etc. he showed me a bunch of math, but i shrugged it off and took his "theory" for what it was worth...

whatever the case, you guys are dead right ... it still looks stupid.
Ya I heard that too. does kinda make sence tho.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i don't think i've ever seen a car like that.
a guy at my work takes off his focal rims off his accord for the winters and puts different types of stocks on the front and on the back- looks different- but other than that- never seen it.

R

·
0 Posts
Seva said:
i don't think i've ever seen a car like that.
a guy at my work takes off his focal rims off his accord for the winters and puts different types of stocks on the front and on the back- looks different- but other than that- never seen it.
I know ppl that do that too. hum thats an idea. steallys come winter time.

R

·
0 Posts
Seva said:

is that really an issue in bay area?
what part? using stockies in winter or 2 kicken rims and 2 steels. The 2 and 2, YES. And the stock rims in the winter, it would be nice since I tend to slide around corners in the rain.;) hehehe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
red88 said:

what part? using stockies in winter or 2 kicken rims and 2 steels. The 2 and 2, YES. And the stock rims in the winter, it would be nice since I tend to slide around corners in the rain.;) hehehe.
oh gee the rain;-)
what about a foot of snow;-)

R

·
0 Posts
Seva said:

oh gee the rain;-)
what about a foot of snow;-)
hahaha. muh car dont even know what snow is. Really tho I dont have to worry bout that. just th rain and my ass fling round corners at all hours of the day...:cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
sentrastud said:

try 2 feet of snow... in 48 hours!!!

CANADA!!!!!!!

-Nick
yeah we got that in less than that.
that's when I found out that as a bus driver for my university's transit co. i am essential personell!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Down here in the San Daygo, So. Cali racing scene guys do it all the time for racing purposes. Called 'black outs' because they usually take the caps of their stockies. This is what I have gathered and have even taken my stock rims and self-powder coated them black. IMHO it looks good. At least on my ride ... ha ha ha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts