Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The system will not work because of the Auxilary air tube, Vent tube, and the Throttle bodys are different sizes, the MAF connection is different, so the silicon adaptors will not fit at all. You would be better off making up your own with exhaust pipe using 45 degree bends and angles and buying the corret silicon sleeves to hook it together. You can buy other systems. I believe there may be intakes out there for 1.6 only for your year. Place racing is what I have, but its exhaust tubing welded together. I could have done that myself!! my system used Fire hose for adaptors to attach the tubing to the throttle body. I believe it was Gates Hose for 3" pipe.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah dude bomz makes a bad ass intake for cheap on ebay injen makes them, and of course weapon r make the secret intake with a smaller tube inside of the big one i guess its supposed to frcae air in there better or something...idk the bomz intake is made for the sr20 but i have it on my ga16 its just a bitch to get the hose to fit on the valve cover but it adds quite a bit and it gives it a deeper sound...make sure you also get an intake with the maf adapter otherwise your not going to be able to put it on there...
what most people do is just buy a regular cone filter and maf adapter on ebay for like $12 and although it looks gay it still basically does the same and you dont need to remove any hoses or anything, but the chrome tube looks so much more professional rather than a DIY project...

hope thi helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts