Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 91 XE and it was the hardest clutch I have ever used. Just wondering if the SE-R was the same! Oh yeah...What classes would i be able to enter in, with a B13 SE-R? I am talking about in the NASA racing series, ecspecially in Florida. That should probobly be asked in the motorsport section but figured i would kill two birds with one stone! I appologize if it makes anyone mad,

-DbD

·
Registered
185 Posts
DamnedButDetermined said:
I had a 91 XE and it was the hardest clutch I have ever used. Just wondering if the SE-R was the same! Oh yeah...What classes would i be able to enter in, with a B13 SE-R? I am talking about in the NASA racing series, ecspecially in Florida. That should probobly be asked in the motorsport section but figured i would kill two birds with one stone! I appologize if it makes anyone mad,

-DbD
The SE-R indeed has a cable clutch. The reason your clutch was stiff was almost certainly due to gunk in the cable or more likely in the pivot inside the bellhousing. My SE-R clutch was incredibly stiff until I changed the clutch and then it was so light it was unreal.

In NASA I think you'd be in PS2, but I'm not as familiar with NASA. On the west coast they have the SE-R Cup series in NASA, but it's only in CA.

Why not just build an SCCA ITS car? There are a number of them competing or being built. One just scored its first win in ITS this past weekend at Watkins Glen.

Come on, do it. All the kids are doing it. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does ITS stand for? Import Touring Sedan? Is there a website that tells you exactly what modifications are allowed on each car? You are talking about wheel to wheel racing right?
Huh, i never even thought to spray some WD40 on the bellhousing and along the cable, i just figured it was like that from the design. Thanks for the reply.

-DbD

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Sports Car Club of America might have the General Competition Rules online now.

International Touring, S class. Started out ITA was fastest class, with ITB and ITC being slower cars. Certain cars, like the SE-R and Porshuh 924/944 were too fast, so ITS was created for them. Now, ITE exists for stuff like fake AC Cobras and Ferraris.

Don't spray your bellhousing with WD-40. You need to take the tranny out to reach the part that's causing your stiff clutch feel.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Huh?

Are you feigning anger at the work needed to fix your clutch or my lightning speed in responding to the post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts