Nissan Forum banner

Does my car already have the wiring?

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  landlord 
#1 ·
Hi I was looking around my trunk today and I noticed that right next to the rear speaker mounts (my car only came with the front 2) there were 2 odd looking connectors. The conectors are little black plastic pieces that have 2 wires connected to them. One white and one Blue.

Are these audio connections?
One more question, on a B12 how do you get the front speakers out, i pull the plastic cover out but i cant seem to find anything holding in the speaker.

-Nick

#8 ·
don't know. that's why i said "maybe" :). there has to be a way. Maybe you could do something with some resistors. i really don't know the rules and formulas for that kind of stuff (all of that electrical $hit) but i'm sure somebody here does.

#12 ·
dookie said:
home speakers run at 8ohms while car speakers run a 4ohms. there might be a way to reduce the impedance to 4 ohms.
you can use 8 ohm speakers, but it will only use half the power of the amp. if you wire two 8ohm subs parallel, it will present a 4ohm load to the amp. or 4 8ohm subs parallel=2ohm load.

hope that helps a little.

#13 ·
i say forget rear fill and get a high power front stage. some of best sq system in the world don't bother with it since its hard to image them correctly because theyre so far behind you. (also the only problem with subs in the trunk). unless you are planning on going to get a av system don't even bother. your rear passengers might complain but hey its your car not theirs

#14 ·
sentrastud said:
Hi I was looking around my trunk today and I noticed that right next to the rear speaker mounts (my car only came with the front 2) there were 2 odd looking connectors. The conectors are little black plastic pieces that have 2 wires connected to them. One white and one Blue.

Are these audio connections?
One more question, on a B12 how do you get the front speakers out, i pull the plastic cover out but i cant seem to find anything holding in the speaker.

-Nick
if you dont want to cut them most car shops have factory adapters for under 5.00

#15 · (Edited)
sorry had long explanation of speaker pairing then seen it was already explained. administrator please delete this post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.