Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if paintless dent repair works?
I have allot of door dings and other little dents....
The shop by my house want $80 a door and i need all 4 done...
Has anyone had this done and does it look good enough for the money?

Thanks

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I've seen a demo at a car show and it came out absolutely perfectly. AFAIK, as long as the paint hasn't chipped or cracked, anything goes. He charges $75 per ding, so you see it is quite pricey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It does work as long as the metal is not creased or the dent in a major curve.

What they do is find acess to the dent from the backside (which may mean drilling (and pluging) a small whole in the bottom of the door) and placing a little hammer like device that slowly knocks the dent out.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Yes it does work and very well i might add. I used to be in the auto restoration business (not old cars but used cars for dealerships) I was fortunate to meet a few of these guys and they walked me through the process. They do have to drill a small hole to allow thier tools to get to the dent, but they plug it with a nice looking grommet type plug. If you didnt know better, you would have no idea anything has been done to your car. Its like they almost rub the dent out, and also hammer it when needed. Like said before, if the paint is chipped or creased it will not work. Also if the dent is too close to the edges of the door or where ever they might not be able to get it out. But i would recomend this service to anybody who has a lot of dents or the pesky door dings. Witch pisses me off more then anything, especially when you catch them doing it and they just walk away like nothing happened. Had a giy in a huge ass Excursion park right next to my lil sentra, in a compact space no less. I was in the store right in front of my car, and noticed when the guy got out of his truck, he looked at his door and then ruubed something off of it. I told my old lady Oh Hell No ill be right back. So I proceded to confront this guy, and he acted llike i was bother him. I almost knocked this dudes head off. Fortunatlly there was an on duty cop in the shopping mall, and he got it settled for us. I tild the guy just give me a check for the parts and i wont say a thing to my insurance. I was only asking like 200 bucks. But he was an ass so i got it priced and the highest bid was 350 bucks. New Mirror, paint and installation. So i took that check and still did it myself lmao.
Sorry i think i was rambling. But i just had to vent my frustrations somewhere and i know you guys know what i am talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts