Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Preferably with aluminum cores and maybe alittle thicker? My stock one cracked where the plastic is, I need a new one...might as well upgrade if its not too much more. Called the local places and looked at summit...only stock replacement. Dunno where else to look. Thanks.

Also, I don't need to take the fan off to replace the radiator right? Shroud just slides over the fan and radiator pops out right? I'm about to move and have to go to my storage for tools so I have to plan accordingly. Tks.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Preferably with aluminum cores and maybe alittle thicker? My stock one cracked where the plastic is, I need a new one...might as well upgrade if its not too much more. Called the local places and looked at summit...only stock replacement. Dunno where else to look. Thanks.

Also, I don't need to take the fan off to replace the radiator right? Shroud just slides over the fan and radiator pops out right? I'm about to move and have to go to my storage for tools so I have to plan accordingly. Tks.
Is your Pathfinder equipped with a automatic transmission? If not, then it's a good possibility to have a custom made one at a local radiator shop. I had a custom made done up for a Jeep CJ7 that was powered by a Chevy 5.7L V8.

You shouldn't need to take the fan off, just the shroud.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Don't discount the aftermarket. I don't like it, but the replacement radiator I got for my truck was all metal with a thicker core than original. The one I got for my old Sentra looked identical to the original. It's kind of 'the luck of the draw' with the after market.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't discount the aftermarket. I don't like it, but the replacement radiator I got for my truck was all metal with a thicker core than original. The one I got for my old Sentra looked identical to the original. It's kind of 'the luck of the draw' with the after market.
Where did you get the radiator for your truck thats all metal and thicker? I'm not discounting the aftermarket, thats the purpose of making this thread. I just don't want to wait for someone to fab me up one. Takes too long.

I'm surprised theres not a selection of radiators for these vehicles. I guess my previous vehicle spoiled me.

I'll give Koyo a call monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts