Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this problem?

My car, when i drive now, i have 2.25 pipes, OBX headers, a new cat, and my muffler, while driving, if i hit a bump, or my car sways any bit whatsoever, it makes a clink noise.. like the exaust is hitting the frame.... whats wrong? how can i fix this? its all properly hung.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
does anyone have this problem?

while driving, if i hit a bump, or my car sways any bit whatsoever, it makes a clink noise.. like the exaust is hitting the frame....
Happens to me too...and I think another person who just installed a Strumong. Its the mid-pipe hitting that cross-bar in the back. I guess you could either put something there to absorb the impact, or secure the mid-pipe better.

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
I had the exact same problem... its the exhaust pipe over the rear axle. If its not bent just right it will hit. when I installed my OBX/Focuz header it pushed the whole exhaust system back and made it worse. So when I went to get my 2" downpipe from my header to my cat made I had the guy make the downpipe a little shorter to pull the whole system forward. No more problem.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
with the stromung set up it only rattles on right hand turns on mine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mine just seems to bounce on the cross-bar now and then. I was wondering at one point if my rubber hangar things (brain freeze) had worn out or something.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
is there enough clearance between the muffler(s) and the bumper skin?? and also is the rear-right trailing arm rubbing against the exhaust, check for rubbing and chaffing, or also check the heat shields around the fuel tank and under the car, and some other else.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
you might want to check:

1. Does it hit the heat shield?

2. Does it hit the little metal piece that behind the bumper support?

3. Is the metal piece still hanging from the hanger?
-if not, that will drag your midpipe.

These all happened to me. I've been changing my exhaust one by one and I came across these problems.

Good luck finding the problem

·
Driver
736 Posts
My stromung was hitting that crossbar when I first got it too. It made the whole car shake when I turned it on. The next day I had a shop heat the piping and bend it over a little. Problem solved.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Well, the one mine was hitting(guessing it's the same one), is...look where the exhaust piping crosses over the axle, now to the left(right by it), there's a bar/mounting thing. It's that. If the exhaust is really close to it, or touching it, that's the cause of the noise.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope.. i found waht it is.. its the Long ass metal bar between both wheels (part name unknown) anyways, the exaust pipe wasnt bent high enough, so it hits, whenever i hit a bump with alot of people in the car.. i got an idea though.. im goign to get like.. some kinda rubber deal, and wrap it around there, so it wont clink around.. see how that works..

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea.. i replaced a hangar.. put a smaller one there, it helped a LIttle maybe raised it like .4 MM lol.. but, i can hit bumps now a little harder, and not clink.. still, i got more hangars to replace.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Problem...

My check engine light came on :mad: here are the possible reasons..

- Before any exaust, or headers, no check engine light..
- Rear O2 sensor is BEFORE cat, not after :eek:
- No EGR (exaust into intake) tube.. had to remove for ghetto OBX headers.
- Everything is going good in my life, (probably reason #1, because nothing ever is good in my life)

·
Driver
736 Posts
Well...not really a problem since you know it's the rear o2 sensor in the wrong place and the missing egr tube that's causing the check engine light.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
i am very sure that is why it is called rear o2 sensor, supposed to be after the cat, and the egr, will set it off too, but is it totally disconnected???not routing to the egr valve??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts