Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm suppose to be going to UNT next semester as a transfer student and I was wondering if anyone goes to that school or is going to go next semester. If anybody does I would appreciate it if I could get a little info about actually going to the school b/c as much as you read on there website and do tours its not the same like getting someone's actual opinion.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I heard its a party school.

If I still lived in the DFW area, thats where I would be going to school.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats weird, the times I have gone it looks really boring; maybe b/c I go during the day..........I hope it is a party school :cheers: and of course a good academic school.

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
i might be attending there in the fall (freshmen)

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
ny98max said:
does texas have party schools besides in austin?
-- SWT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mean Texas State?
I wanted to go there but my ex goes there and I don't want her to think that i'm trying to stalk her

·
Registered
186 Posts
ny98max said:
does texas have party schools besides in austin?
Tech is a party school, and so is TSU in san marcos, also A&M in college station.

·
Registered
21 Posts
UNT is known for music or the Comm. Design.

Otherwise Denton is a rather boring town but college life is what you make of it. Every school is a party school. It's college so... drink, have tons of sex, and be merry. Oh and somewhere along the way you should make a network for yourself and get a degree. You only get one chance at undergrad then the real world sticks it to ya. Enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I'm guessing nobody actually goes to UNT
o well I'll have to go represent
(Dam it, I knew I should of went to school in or near Autin) :fluffy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got to UNT. It can be a party school, if you know the right people. :thumbup:

or if you are a dork, which that's cool, it's good too. :rolleyes:

as far as the school goes it's pretty damn easy. I would write more but i'm a little intoxicated.....

g'night

·
Registered
19 Posts
i almost went to Texas State, SWT at the time, but the cost of living is cheaper here, and Texas State is really cracking down on the party school image hard core.

·
Registered
21 Posts
e34bmw_a33max said:
... and Texas State is really cracking down on the party school image hard core.
How do you judge that? How does a school crack down on student's doing crazy (sometimes stupid) stuff? I don't think that's even a relevant statement.

If you're into the Greek scene then every place is a party school. On the other hand Denton sucks ass. There's really not shit to do out there. Fry (sp?) street is just about it. You're better off making the hour or so drive down to lower Greenville or over to Deep Ellum area to go out and whatnot. If you want a night life that's not predominantly frat parties then Denton won't be for you.

Honestly I wouldn't waste my tuition going to that school unless I was going to do Comm. Design or something in the arts. You're better off going elsewhere with a better name. What degree are you going to pursue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
civic4982 said:
How do you judge that? How does a school crack down on student's doing crazy (sometimes stupid) stuff? I don't think that's even a relevant statement.

If you're into the Greek scene then every place is a party school. On the other hand Denton sucks ass. There's really not shit to do out there. Fry (sp?) street is just about it. You're better off making the hour or so drive down to lower Greenville or over to Deep Ellum area to go out and whatnot. If you want a night life that's not predominantly frat parties then Denton won't be for you.

Honestly I wouldn't waste my tuition going to that school unless I was going to do Comm. Design or something in the arts. You're better off going elsewhere with a better name. What degree are you going to pursue?
Denton isn't a bad school, it costs a whole hell of a lot but not bad.. there are plenty of cheap places to play pool and drink there. Its good for art and music... makes me wish i would have went there for music and not into IT haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bkeasley said:
Denton isn't a bad school, it costs a whole hell of a lot but not bad.. there are plenty of cheap places to play pool and drink there. Its good for art and music... makes me wish i would have went there for music and not into IT haha.
You're absolutely right. It's not a bad school at all. It's just if I were going to do it again for undergrad I would go to a school specifically known for the major I was wanting. It's like if I were going to go into Engineering I'd choose A&M or UT. Or if I were going to be a Pharmacist I'd try to get into UT Pharm. Optometry at UH. A lawyer at SMU/UT... and so on...

I'm sure you can get a good education at a lot of places solely depending on how motivated you are and how hard you work. However, schools are known for certain specialties for good reason usually. In Texas you'l lpay just about the same tuition no matter which public school you go to. If location was flexible I'd choose the school in the state that was going to be the best for what I wanted to do.

In the end the name that's at the top line your degree is only important for your first job but it can really help you snag that killer first job and get you on a roll for a great career.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I want to get an accounting degree and I heard UNT has an alright business school(nothing compared to SMU). I 've been going to richland so I don't know any frats so I might not be into that kind of stuff but I do go to the club and random house parties thursday to sunday so you can say that I like to party a little :) ......from what everybody is saying I should of gone to school somewhere around Austin and not just for the fun but for the good academics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
DANMax said:
Well I want to get an accounting degree and I heard UNT has an alright business school(nothing compared to SMU). I 've been going to richland so I don't know any frats so I might not be into that kind of stuff but I do go to the club and random house parties thursday to sunday so you can say that I like to party a little :) ......from what everybody is saying I should of gone to school somewhere around Austin and not just for the fun but for the good academics.

i'd rather be in Austin if it weren't for my friends and gf. My sister got a better education at UT than what i'm getting here at UNT, but that doesn't bother me. If you go to Texas State you have to live in the dorm for 2 years, so that sucks. And the cops are a lot worse now. But there are 3 rivers running right through campus, and it's a 30 min drive to Austin (just not 4pm-6pm). Denton has grown on me, but it helps already having a bunch of friends here i'm sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
civic4982 said:
QUOTE]

If you are underage it is a relevant statement. Texas State is going great lengths to shed themselves of the party school image. More cops patrol at night, not just busting parties but actually giving tickets, and getting more drunks leaving bars. They bust convenient stores and restaurants all the time by getting underage kids to see if they can buy alcohol. You also have to live in the dorms for 2 years. You are right though, they can't stop every kid, or even many kids from doing stupid stuff, that's what we do. But they are just making it harder to get away with it.

My sisters friends that gratuated in 2003 where only there for the 1 year after they started it, so they were of age. My friend that are my age or younger actually have to worry about the cops at parties now.

not that any of this would stop me though.... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts