Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my little beast oil setup.
This is good for someone who wants to have oil guages now and is/may add a cooler in the future. To add a cooler to this setup just buy a cooler,thermostat and different lines. the rest is here. Also you may notice this is a modified filter relocation kit.

This is the whole setup. Clockwise from bottom left - Engine block adapter, Oil lines, Remote filter block, AutoMeter braided stainless pressure line,AutoMeter Electical oil psi sender.

This is a close up of the Remote filter block connections. Clockwise from bottom left - Oil "out" line, Oil "in" line, AutoMeter Temp sender with 1/2"NPT adapter, AutoMeter pressure line with 1/2"NPT adapter.

Any questions??

p.s. Remeber with any cooler you should run a thermostat to keep the oil in its proper operating temp range. Organic oil 150deg-230deg, Synthetic 150deg-270deg. You dont want you oil to run to cool because it doesnt protect your parts well under the min. point . The cooler will obviously keep it under the max. point.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike D,

Ill give you a run down on the expenses of my gauge project

Water temp gauge - $44.95
Oil psi - $56.95
Oil temp - $49.95
AutoMeter pressure line - $29.95
TD Performance oil filter relocation kit - $40.95
4 port oil filter block(in place of TD 2 port that came with the kit) - $25.95

Total - $248.70(ouch thats the first time I added it all up)
I got everything from www.summitracing.com except for the 4 port block, I got that from a local parts store.
I have found the hoses with the TD kit to be too long for my filters new location and I am planning on making up some braided stainless lines. You may be better off to peice the kit together yourself after you find out how much hose you need. I should have done it that way becasue I did not use the 2 port oil filter block in my setup. Now its just sitting in my tool box.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teknokid,

On the 2 port, you can only run your oil lines, with the 2 extra ports that I have you can install and oil temp sender and an oil psi sender like I did. Check out the pics here and you can see the oil lines are taking up 2 ports and the senders are in the extra 2 ports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts