Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK big deal he gambled. But this pales in comparison compared to what other athletes have done in sports. Pete Rose was a childhood here of mine. I had his Rookie card to just about every year he played. When his big gambling ring was exposed i was really not even phased by being that my family works in the business and i know for sure other athletes have done worse in other sports. Espcially basketball. Bo other athletes got tortored as bad as Rose.
He played great baseball! Accomplished many things ! He influenced many children to become great athletes. Him being kicked out of baseball is something that i feel a person up high has something to do with. It is personal. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Does anyone feel other wise. Please reply with an inteligent answer. If you have nothing smart or revilant to say, dont bother.

Thanks

·
Banned
680 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't he gamble on the games, and then throw the game? He was not kicked out for the gambling, but his actions. As far as HOF material, I say yes, he was a damn good player that has influenced many people.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
yes. i dont care about the gambling really. but the dude was pretty good. the quesion is - should BB go to the HOF?

·
Banned
680 Posts
That one is iffy. I'm really not sure on it, I'd have to put alot of thought into it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think he should be in because gambling on baseball was against the rules, he knew this! His career resume justifies he is a hall of famer, but his actions indicate not; then he lied about it for so long is the big problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SHIFTVAX said:
I don't think he should be in because gambling on baseball was against the rules, he knew this! His career resume justifies he is a hall of famer, but his actions indicate not; then he lied about it for so long is the big problem.
The point i was trying to also get across is that other players in other sports have done worse.

·
Registered
236 Posts
CALIGULA said:
The point i was trying to also get across is that other players in other sports have done worse.
I agree but, few players have lied for a long time denying what they did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts