Nissan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
side note: Emmerson and company were just out to make a buck. Transcendentalism (sp) was probably the best scam since bottled water.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wouldn't mind donating to this worthy cause. ny98max, Perhaps you're just stating your opinion on the matter, and thats fine. But seriously man when you put it the way you did at first, I think you just came off sounding really insensitive and unfeeling to everyone who read your post. Maybe you aren't that way, but it sure sounded like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ny98max: I apologize for striking a chord for asking that "those that feel inclined" to support a cause that "has been a godsend to a lot less-fortunate people than me." This "$1 arm bracelet" is far greater than just my "balls," as you so eloquently put. I was trying to get the message out about a cause that has far greater reaching affects than most people are aware of. I am not in need of charity, I have not asked for money, I have not asked for time, I have not asked for assistance. This is not because I do not need it or want it, but it is because, my needs have been taken care of by my family and friends. However, I am LUCKY! There are others who are not half as fortunate as I am to be in a situation like I find myself in. THESE are the people that I am requesting that $1 of yours for. This helps a group of people that you cannot imagine that have been devastated by life-changing illnesses and have NO ONE to help them through it.

I will not validate my claims for why I posted this; "What I must do is all that concerns me, not what people think." I just felt that in all fairness, I may not have explained myself to such an extent as to allow a misconceived notion that I was in some way searching for self-gratification or self-pity by sharing my troubles with the masses. I will not ask for anyone’s pity, nor do I need it. I thank you for sharing your opinion with me, although I would have rather it been in a little less confrontational manner.

Everyone Else: Thank you for the support, I’ll be getting final numbers together sometime this weekend and will hopefully be able to order these early next week. I’ll pm those requesting PayPal information with all details. Thank you again.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
96BeaSSt said:
I’ll pm those requesting PayPal information with all details. Thank you again.
I'll need the Paypal info as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have received a 1000 emails in my lifetime asking for help send paypal here, please help etc,. And it was random spam scams trying to get rich or what not.
Honestly, if the money donated by people actually helps, its great, and I am glad someone cares about sick people.
On the other hand how often do you hear of charities and such just taking 90% of the money you give them and rarely help the sick people.. Pretty common I think we all heard of them before.
I just lost faith in those organisations really.
I feel like helping individuals that I know, not some organization out there to get rich off a noble cause.

I did not mean to confront you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts