Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. as some of you might know, I am rebuilding my KA24DE for my s13 and the project should have been completed quite some time ago, but no... the engine runs and whatnot, but I still had problems. I had the head ported and valves polished, along with some other maintenance and related. Putting the engine back together, the idler pulley for the timing chain had some problems. Before I could even torque it down, the threads stripped out of the head. not knowing what else to do I tryed to JB Weld it in place. even after setting it hours before assembly, there is still play in the assembly. The play makes it impossible for my distributor to mate properly. Assembled, there is play between the distributor and the idler pulley. Any, and I mean ANY ideas as to making it work, will be appreciated. duct tape is almost in consideration at this point. i need a car. the best idea I have right now is to take it back down and try to JB weld again. I don't want to get another head, as I just put this one back together and finished with the port and polish. Perhaps there is another way, such as distributorless ignition?? anything is helpful
thanks

truman
peace

·
One Wheel Drive
142 Posts
I have a KA24DE head, and, spare parts for FREE if you need them. You pay shipping. Im in south Florida.

EDIT: Actually I dont have time to ship until after the new year. So its yours if you feel like driving down here and picking it up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
dude, you are in a world of hurt. but all hope is not lost.

get a heli coil kit. drill the hole out a tad bigger, insert coil. then hardware. torque to spec.

i am the man. ask jordan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can I pick up a heli-coil? I will check around today at the local shops and all. How should I match up bolt thread and length?how do I install? just slip the heli-coil in and begin to thread? I appreciate the idea.
thanks

truman
peace

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,290 Posts
dj42000_2000 said:
where can I pick up a heli-coil? I will check around today at the local shops and all. How should I match up bolt thread and length?how do I install? just slip the heli-coil in and begin to thread? I appreciate the idea.
thanks

truman
peace
You can buy heli-coil kits at most auto parts stores. To match it up, bring along the bolt for that threaded hole when purchasing the heli-coil. The kit contains installation instructions.

Good luck,
George

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
heli coil is the way to go never jb weld but we must all learn lessons good luck with it, it would suck if you are unable to savlage that head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.