Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Newbie here from Australia. I have a 89 kingcab 4wd with a z24.

Our z24 models ran on a carby and a 4 plug points ignition. I am really sick of the points playing up and would like to upgrade to an electronic style points. So i would like to find a distributor to use of a US model that has 4 plugs and electronic points. Can someone point me in the right direction, the right model to order parts for? also does the ignition system run throught ECU or is it a self contained system which still uses vacuum advance and mechanical advance?

Thanks in advance

· Hardbody Freak
2,683 Posts
as far as i know our z24 engines are the eight plug type.

even the carby ones.

the spark is controlled by an optiplate that is under neath the base plate of the dizzy.
the ecm plays a role in advancing the timing as needed directed by other sensors.

you might use the 8 plug type dizzy and only use the intake side of the dizzies out put.

i am also going to direct you to :North West Datsun Enthusiasts Forum .

and talk to datzenmike.

he is a mixmaster with the nissan engines..

good luck and cu online.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see what i can do about getting some pics on here. If you are really curious about engine pics have a quick look on the ebay.com.au and we call them navara here. so search that and you might find some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.