Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was drifting my B13 in some snow (no ebrake, had to use the regular brake) and it dawned on me: It would be nice to have disk brakes!

I was at teh wreckers yesterday, and I actually found a digital dash out of an NX (there are 2 more) I paid $10 for it cuz the casing's all cracked (ill glue it)
I was also looking at the brakes from other nissans... what would bolt up? I mean, I have the GXE so the brakes are drums, but is there a spindle assembly that would just bolt on?

·
Registered
118 Posts
IIRC the GXE's came with disk brakes on the rear...maybe that was ABS only. Not sure. You can use the rears off the B13 SE-R or B13 GXE w/abs. You'll need the rear spindles too. I think the brake hoses may be diffrent as well, oh yeh, and the e-brake cable is a bit diffrent. Its a big project.
~Ryan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the non-abs model. The brake master is tiny on this car... wtf my pony dual tandem is like, twice the length. Then there's a proportioning valve... this sentra has none of that. That's good I bet because I wouldn't have to worry about pressure equalization. How is the sentra split up? 60/40 front/back?

So sentra w/abs? Hmm.... if it's purely a mechanical swap, ill do it. Ebrake doesn't work anyways, don't care if it does it's an auto anyways. What I want to avoid doing is changing drums... although if it goes through pads like my pony then i'd freak!

Is the spindle ass'y the same measurements? Like, will it bolt into the correct spot? I don't want any negative camber!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jed118 said:
This is the non-abs model. The brake master is tiny on this car... wtf my pony dual tandem is like, twice the length. Then there's a proportioning valve... this sentra has none of that. That's good I bet because I wouldn't have to worry about pressure equalization. How is the sentra split up? 60/40 front/back?

So sentra w/abs? Hmm.... if it's purely a mechanical swap, ill do it. Ebrake doesn't work anyways, don't care if it does it's an auto anyways. What I want to avoid doing is changing drums... although if it goes through pads like my pony then i'd freak!

Is the spindle ass'y the same measurements? Like, will it bolt into the correct spot? I don't want any negative camber!
You'd just want to get the entire knuckle assembly(comes with the trialing arms), and you'd probably want to upgrade your front brakes too. You know I have almost everything you need, although shipping would be a lot. You can also get rear brakes off an NX2000. Then Sentra does acctually have a proportioning valve, although its built into the master cylinder. Everything elce should be cake.Although an alignment is due. Let me know if you have any more Q's.

·
NisMopar
1,010 Posts
The ultimate brake upgrade is Maxima rear and AD22VF fronts.You need calipers,rotors,rear spindles,Ebrake lines,Brake lines,and an Altima MC.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is this maxima? What year? I had a '91 so im not up to par with the body styles.

The front right caliper sliding arm is stuck and wears out pads fast... I dug into the metal on that side. I have spare calipers, but camaaaan this is a perfect time to do an upgrade.

Will a NX2000 work?

I'm sure I can get them locally, but I will keep you in mind for the shipping if I break anything and need a part fast! :thumbup:

·
NisMopar
1,010 Posts
I believe its a 93.Do a search on that to be sure though.Best place to go is the wreckers and if they dont have them you can get the calipers and rotors from any autoparts store for the same pricve people sell the OEM Nissan ones for usually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts