Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the previous posts about the sputtering i have found the problem. it is a blow number 3 cylinder. so while im out looking for a new engine i was wondereing if the 2.0 sr20de would fit into my car without any modifications. i figured while i had a blown motor, i might as well go bigger and better, so please tell me the sr20de 2.0 will fit the same as the ga16de

·
Registered
485 Posts
The engine does not need modification. There are many parts you need to buy to make it work though. Search here, google, or any other search engine and you will find detailed information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i have talked the engine problem over with my grandpa. he said i dont need a whole new engine. i cant remember if my cousin said it was the valve burnt out or the number 3 cylinder blown out. but either way i was told that i can just get the cylinders bored 30-40 over and im not sure on how much to get it bored, and i am also wondering if anyone can tell me where to get oversized pistons for my engine i have looked everywhere for 3 hours and cannot find oversized pistons for my engine... feedback will be greatly appreciated, and also would it give more horsepower to get it bored? and i was also thinking about getting everything polished while it was apart, i need advice on what else to do while my engine is apart i am lacking funds though so nothing major

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
The parts for these imports are expensive, so the least expensive route would probably be a low milage used engine.
For parts you can get an idea of the Nissan prices from courtesy parts web site.
Genuine Nissan Parts :: Sentra / 200SX (B14U) 1995-1999 :: CourtesyParts.com
Over size pistons normally come in +0.010 0.020 0.030 or metric equivalent.
there is normally very little bore wear, you may get by with new rings or pistons and rings.
What exactly has gone wrong?
history of the car ?
you can also try the normal auto parts stores, NAPA and rockauto.com

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Well i checked and rockauto has them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts