Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just not liking the drum brakes lol :|
ive seen many topics with this, but im wondering if i can just grab the rotors, master sylinder, and calipers from a similar model car and dump em in my car.
if so what models could i use for this? and would i need more than just what i listed?
im not looking to buy an expensive kit for this either.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
No.
you must either have the beam axle or a conversion kit to bolt the caliper to something.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
p11 primera works bolt for bolt
He has a 98 B14.....
So the answer is you must get the Disc brake beam axle or the conversion kit from Fast brakes, plus all the parts, the E-brake cables as mentioned above, brake lines, calipers complete, rotors.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i had my mechanic take the rear disc breaks from a 01 sentra and put them on my 99sentra gxe he did one hell of a job in total with the all the parts that he used he charged me $700 im not sure if it was too much or if it was a good price all i know is that my car stops better. ill ask him what parts did he use and then ill post it up

·
Registered
505 Posts
i had my mechanic take the rear disc breaks from a 01 sentra and put them on my 99sentra gxe he did one hell of a job in total with the all the parts that he used he charged me $700 im not sure if it was too much or if it was a good price all i know is that my car stops better. ill ask him what parts did he use and then ill post it up
What a waste. I paid $1000 for my whole car. 75% of all braking power is up front. Who cares (on this car) if it has drums. It's not worth the $$

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
please let us now what parts were used....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
i changed mine to disc brakes because of the tick tick tick from the rear when braking.
the dealership service writer said they could get rid off of it, maybe not first try, might take two or three installments of labor and parts then it might come back,
Enough to convince me not to go that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts