Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a 200sx at a stoplight beside me. his car was stock, mine isn't. i revved my engine to 8000 rpms twice just to show off. when i turned off my car, and came back to it 10 minutes later, i started my car and it made some very strange screeching noise, but it wasn't the belts i'm sure. half an hour later, i went to a gas station to stop, and when i tried to turn on my car this time, it didn't turn on, but it was trying to as if there wasn't enough power going to it. it also made a light buzz when i was trying to start it. i tried again the 2nd time, and it barely started. after driving for a good hour after that, it only made that buzz and high pitched sound one more time when starting it. oh, and the next day i drove it, there was the smell of burnt electrical coming through the vents that lasted only 10 minutes and it has never came back. i'm wondering if i burnt something, or messed up something in my car. please give me some information, because i did this a month ago, and so far i have no problems with the car yet.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
i revved my engine to 8000 rpms
I'm not sure what's wrong with your car, but you definitly shouldn't be revving the car to 8000 rpms. Are you sure this number is correct, because the rev limiter with the stock ECU is 6900 and 7300 (I think) with the JWT ECU. Your ECU shouldn't allow you to rev this high because it's not good for the car.

S

·
0 Posts
Shit dawg i dunno what to tell ya. But yeah I have to agree, 8000rpm is no good with a stock engine, if you wanna drive it for a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah, i thought it was strange too that i could rev my engine so high without the engine shutting down on me. i've revved it almost that high before though with nothing wrong happening...although one time i did it, when i would accelerate it sounded as if a belt was loose because it made some kind of screeching sound, but went away only minutes later.

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, dont rev your engine to 8k anymore and hope nothings wrong w/ it. haha. theres a reason theres a "redline"

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
on a ga16, worse case scenario, spun bearing, or something inside the engine, with you revving up to 8 grand, come on, just hit 3400 or so, the next guy would hear the roar and that's enough for him to know your dark intentions.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know i know. but when i rev my car really high, it makes me look more serious and my car more powerful. hahha, but it wouldn't look so good with a lot of screeching and pulled off to the side of the road. =P hmmm, but i wonder what that burnt electrical fume was....

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
That electrical thing worries me. I'd look all visible wiring, inside and out, over really good, spend a decent amount of time looking for something. If you're revving that high, either your tach or your ECU is messed up. Don't know what to tell you though, too broad a range of things could be the problem. I wonder if myabe when you were revving high, your alternator took a crap or something, but you said this happened a month ago, and you'd have had starting problems long before now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts