Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever installed a direct port nitrous system on a ga16de? i have a really good deal on a nitrous set up...wet i think. i'm not too into the idea of drilling a hole in my air intake pipe..or is that for a dry system? i dunno its late. please let me know.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You would have to drill a hole in your intake tube for either a dry or wet system. A GA16DE can't take a direct port system. The smallest safe setting is 80 horsepower. The rods will and pistons won't take to the shock of the Nitrous very long. It would work for a few passes I suppose. You need to build the bottom end up with good rods and pistons. Then put 120 shot on it.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that you need to build the bottom end to support a larger shot of n2o....but is that the reason you said you cannot dp the ga16de or is it something with the manifold design?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Direct port is better but, you can only jet the 4 nozzels to a minimum shot of 80 horsepower. The range is from 80 -200 plus for 4 nozzles. The GA can only handle 50 horsepower safely. The manifold design is fine for direct port.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright mike..thanks man. i didn't know that the minimum jet was 80 hp either. if you can still order them for me i might be interested in getting those forged rods and pistons. btw, what shot are you spraying?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am trying to see how many people are interested in the rods. I am in a lawsuit with a guy that was making the rods. I've found another sorce for them when we have a few people really ready for them. I only have a 50 shot and have gone through 72 bottles of nitrous so far. I haven't used it for about a year now that it runs so good on the motor. I need my SER injectors and then will try it again. I'm hoping for 13.9 in the 1/4.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good luck man. the reason i never ordered the pistons was bc i was and still am confused with whether to go turbo or nitrous. i am running decent times right now with the few performance mods i have...but i just need to figure out what i want to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts