Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add some more power to my ride, I've heard about the e15t and it sounds like a good deal, but I'd like to see what other options I've got so I was wondering which other swaps would be easy using same engine mounts to replace a worn out e16s with 266,000 miles on it, what parts other than the engine would I need to accompany each swap? Which swap is easiest? Which is best(performance-wise)? Sorry for so many questions.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
wow BII you really take no crap from the newb people here. like BII said said. you can swap the e16i,e15t,ga16i,ca16de,ca18de,ga16de,sr20de,sr20det with a shit load of money and experiance or knowing the right person you can swap anything that you. the best band for your buck would be the ca16de or ca18de everything bolts up BUT wiring like the ga16de and sr20de-t is a different story. im thinking that you can use the e16i body harness and splice the ca16/ca18 wire plugs into the ecu and fuel injector plugs but then again i would know since i just paid for the last pulsar/sentra body harness ever made by boost boy and also his cluster. theres a guy in here that swap the ca18de into his sentra hatch back but his having trouble with the body harness but the car runs his name is greenbean699 i think

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Note: the SR20DE does NOT bolt in without major mount modification. All the others do though. Check out The Nismo Project for dropping in a SR20 into a B12.

No swap is easy. Save, possibly, like-for-like replacement. Get another e16s to drop in. CA aftermarket support is so-so to nil, but gets more power than the GA, stock.

seriously, search engine swaps and read those threads that come up.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
sorry i meant engine swap in general into a b12 i forgot to add to what you needed to do to actually make the sr20 power engine work in the b12. as far as there being no parts for the ca16de or ca18de-t yea there is not many people out there that make any parts for it but why not just have www.paeco.com make parts for those engines they make anything and everything yea jwt and other companies make parts for the ga16de but last time i checked there parts were pretty damm $$$ paeco will make anything for the same or less of what other companies charge out there so call paeco order there catalog (i got mine already) or ask them if they have the parts or will make the parts for the e16 ga16i ca16de-t ca18de-t.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well he could very well put an e16T in place of that. That would be an alright swap. And a very easy one at that. It would probably have to be very close in years though. I was actually thinking about that as a swap for my ga16i. Or now that Im seeing a lot more ca18det swaps, I might go for that. I wouldnt mind an sr20 swap but that is a lottttttttt of money. Plus you could probably find a pretty descent 93 se-r for about as much as the swap would cost.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the ca18det bolts right on with same engine mounts?
if i were to swap in the ca18 what other parts(ecu, tranny, etc.) would i need?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and another thing i wanted to ask: which ecu would go better with an e-15t swap, the e15t ecu or ga16de ecu? And if you use e15t ecu and harness, do u still need new fuel injector plugs,? I'm trying to make up my mind cause either the e15t or ca18det is going in the car.
Thanks for helping a newbie.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
if u use the E15et harness and ecu, you dont need to change the connector : obviusly they'll be the right ones... this ecu will be good.

The Ga16de ecu need connectors for injector to use on the E15et manifolds injectors. The Ecu will be good for a N/a engine like a E16 with the EFI intake manifold from the E15et. if you want to turbo the ga16de ecu, get an SAFC2 to tune out the engine.

For the Ca18de/t, you need most the engine mount...make it easy and get yourself a pulsar with Ca18de engine (blown) for the parts...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I'm going to get:
Complete E15t engine.
Better fuel pump.
E15t ecu.
E15t harness.
Anything else you guys can think of, that i forgot?
I've currently got an 5 speed e16s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts