Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of my dash lights are out. Checked the fuses and they are a-ok. I figure that it is the dimmer switch that is bad. My question is this. Do i have to remove the whole dash shroud to get to it??
Ie. the 2 screws under the dash, the 2 screws under the dimmer, the 2 screws under the right side, the console, the center dash exc?? Any other way to get at the switch??
Thanks for your help:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same problem, you have to take out 4 screws IIRC two above the gauges, one under the dimmer, the one on the black instrument cluster bezel, and one on the other side, unplug the connecter, and pop it out of the bezel. The center part may need popped out though, my car is missing a lot of the screws.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
yeah, you got to do all of that. Pop the center console out a little bit, undo I think about 6 screws. 2 in the immediate cluster area, and 4 (2 on each side) underneath the cluster. Then just ease it out, slowly but surely. Also lower your tilt on the steering wheel all the way as well. All the while trying to disconnect the plugs as you go. Just give it a whirl, you'll find its easier than you think.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick tesponses and the tilt wheel tip.
bizz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts