Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one here had a problem with there dim switch, mine in my 97 sentra gxe dies randomly(all lights switch off on dash) happens very intermittently some times a bump, other times when i turn my head lights on, all other times im just randomly driving and dont notice til i check my speed and stare into a black hole in the dash. ok so here is the weird part all i have to do to get all the lights back on is wave my hand about an inch away from the dim switch and they all come back on, IT TURNS BACK ON BEFORE I AM ABLE TO TOUCH IT EVERY TIME, i have taken the switch out unplugged re plugged wiggled, made sure the connections were clean, its not that it affects anything all that much but it just bugs me to all hell, especially when it stops for two months then returns, for a time or two and then i dont see it for a month

any ideas??

·
Registered
26 Posts
My car does that same thing...except for it turning on before touching it.
What I do is turn the knob all the way to the right and move it to the left just a little. I haven't had a problem ever since.

I'm not sure if it would work because my friend's sentra's dashlights would still turn off and on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah its like a cool magic trick(have amazed some people) but like tonight it went off for 3 seconds and came back on i dunno its weird i know its nothing i have to fix, just scared the crap out of my brother he thought he broke my baby haha

·
Registered
215 Posts
has any one here had a problem with there dim switch, mine in my 97 sentra gxe dies randomly(all lights switch off on dash) happens very intermittently some times a bump, other times when i turn my head lights on, all other times im just randomly driving and dont notice til i check my speed and stare into a black hole in the dash. ok so here is the weird part all i have to do to get all the lights back on is wave my hand about an inch away from the dim switch and they all come back on, IT TURNS BACK ON BEFORE I AM ABLE TO TOUCH IT EVERY TIME, i have taken the switch out unplugged re plugged wiggled, made sure the connections were clean, its not that it affects anything all that much but it just bugs me to all hell, especially when it stops for two months then returns, for a time or two and then i dont see it for a month

any ideas??
its the ghost car from hell!!! lol i havent heard of that but sounds like you have motion sensors. could keep car jackers away. lol

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
I had the same issue on my GXE, replace the dimmer rheostat !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts