Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Digital Speedometer

I recently purchased a 2019 Rogue SV model for my wife. Although we both test drove the car, we did not not realize that it doesn't have a digital speedometer The display was set to another function and we thought it just needed changed in the menu. Guess what? Even though cars have been available with this feature for 40 years, this vehicle is not equipped with a digital speedometer. It does however, have not one but two, average speed functions. What? I must have missed the memo where people were begging to have an average speed function, let alone two of them. I could care less what my average speed was on my last trip. What's my speed now? So after enjoyng the digital speedometer for years in other vehicles, we're highly disappointed that we have lost this feature. Nissan engineers went to sleep this time! The car is adequate in other areas and fits our need, but resorting to the old cave man analog speedometer is annoying!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's sad... Because when you put the cruise control the speed is indicated in the dash... So the computer know the speed... It could be add easely by nissan to all...

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2019 Sentra doesn't have it either, I have to look at the head-up display each time I want to start the cruise control.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never driven a Nissan that had this feature other than my son's LEAF. Some car manufacturers put digital Speedos, particularly Toyota, but I like my analog guages on my Rogue just fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The later models don't even have a digital clock near the gauges. I have to use the central monitor or my wristwatch to see the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The later models don't even have a digital clock near the gauges. I have to use the central monitor or my wristwatch to see the time.
Where are you getting your information. I have a 2019 and in the Vehicle Information Center between the gauges I have Time and Temp. I also have on the infotainment console.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Digital Speedometer

I recently purchased a 2019 Rogue SV model for my wife. Although we both test drove the car, we did not not realize that it doesn't have a digital speedometer The display was set to another function and we thought it just needed changed in the menu. Guess what? Even though cars have been available with this feature for 40 years, this vehicle is not equipped with a digital speedometer. It does however, have not one but two, average speed functions. What? I must have missed the memo where people were begging to have an average speed function, let alone two of them. I could care less what my average speed was on my last trip. What's my speed now? So after enjoyng the digital speedometer for years in other vehicles, we're highly disappointed that we have lost this feature. Nissan engineers went to wsleep this time! The car is adequate in other areas and fits our need, but resorting to the old cave man analog speedometer is annoying!
Digital Speedometer

I recently purchased a 2019 Rogue SV model for my wife. Although we both test drove the car, we did not not realize that it doesn't have a digital speedometer The display was set to another function and we thought it just needed changed in the menu. Guess what? Even though cars have been available with this feature for 40 years, this vehicle is not equipped with a digital speedometer. It does however, have not one but two, average speed functions. What? I must have missed the memo where people were begging to have an average speed function, let alone two of them. I could care less what my average speed was on my last trip. What's my speed now? So after enjoyng the digital speedometer for years in other vehicles, we're highly disappointed that we have lost this feature. Nissan engineers went to sleep this time! The car is adequate in other areas and fits our need, but resorting to the old cave man analog speedometer is annoying!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where are you getting your information. I have a 2019 and in the Vehicle Information Center between the gauges I have Time and Temp. I also have on the infotainment console.
What makes me so angry is I specifically asked the guy who went on the test drive with me if it had a digital speedometer and he said yes. I told him I highly rely on it. He assured me it did. But idiot me, I didnt have him switch it to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In all seriousness, why on earth is the analog speedometer not giving you the information you need related to your speed? Is there something a digital speedometer tells you that this analog clock won't?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Digital Speedometer

I am in disbelief. Just purchased the 2020 Rogue and have been frustrated for 2 days trying to figure out out to change the fairly useless information available on the display to simply show the current speed, digitally. This simple feature...or lack thereof...has honestly made me reconsider my purchase. I do not consider myself an irrational person, but I'm not sure I can keep this vehicle and I've literally had it 2 days. You know when you fall out of love with your car over a coffee stain on the seat or scratch on the dash or some other seemingly minor imperfection? Then it's game over. You no longer run it through the car wash as often or make sure the oil gets changed on time or vacuum and detail the interior...I cannot possibly be there already! It's been 2 days! This just cannot be. Maybe there can be an update/upgrade to fix this bonehead decision? Am I being irrational?!?!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased mine less than a week ago and I'm ready to give it back. I had a 2019 Altima before and the speed indicator was right there. Why not have it on the Rogue as well? Nissan really messed up with this one. I'm sure Honda & Toyota vehicles would't mess up like this. I truly have no idea why we need 2 Average speed notifications. The entire thing makes no sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts