Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 supercharged frontier and im looking into buying different pulleys for it, would this be alright considering the Supercharger is from the nissan factory

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
Well I run 10 PSI and I get 33 MPG at 55 and 28 MPG at 74
Well, I did say may. I've found the same thing to be true in my own Z, more efficient at 55 than anywhere else. Don't forget, though, these cars were designed to be more efficient at that speed. Gearbox gearing, engine camming and ECU, all of it was built to conform to US standards, and at the time it was the highest speed limit on the open highways in this country.
Supercharging is a little different in it's operation though. The newer superchargers can freewheel and run zero boost at cruise, thus not placing additional parasitic load on the engine and not requiring more fuel due to not inputting positive pressure. I beleive the Frontiers still get horrible fuel mileage either way, from what I'm told.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well im not real sure on the fuel economy part, but my guess is that it will drop. Now im assuming that you're looking into the one from AC(4x4parts.com). One the warranty issue....if somthing is damaged that is a result of the install, there will be no coverage (say you blow seals on the supercharger.....if the tech thinks its because of the diff pulley, its voided)
My friend has an 04 s/c Xterra, and he was looking into the same thing, and we decided that it wasnt worth being the first to find out its a bad product, since we have been looking for 3 or 4 months and cant find a review on it. On the question of fuel upgrades, its probably not needed, since its already forced induction, and only adds a few lbs. of boost. Also, i dont think it would have a huge effect unless you have or get somthing other than the stock intake (i.e. Nismo R-Tune, SpencerLowRacing Adapter plate, etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
we've done a couple pulleys on frontiers at our shop, and had good luck with them. the trucks were def. a little faster with no serious side effects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran a 2.3" pulley and got pretty bad preignition on my frontier (2001) but a 2.4" seems fine with the stock intake. I had problems with a k&n intake combined with the pulley though. I also found going one colder on the plug helped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.