Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm from germany and i've got a question: we've the GA16DE-engine in our cars but it looks different to the us-version. here you've two pics:
german version:

and the us-version:

so far, has anyone a idea, why they're different?
in europe the GA16de has 90hp, i think in the us it's up to 100hp??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only difference I can see air box is located in a different place. It looks like the european version has single point fuel injection. Where the U.S. version has muti-point fuel injection. This would also explain for the 10 horsepower difference between the two.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Nah, the VC plug valley isn't deep enough to be an SR20. By the way, where you at in Germany?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's with the difference on the left side of the cylinder head? it looks like a "nose" at the us-version...?

do you understand what i mean? my technical english isn't very well...

where in germany? i'm from karlsruhe.

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
Koschi said:
what's with the difference on the left side of the cylinder head? it looks like a "nose" at the us-version...?

do you understand what i mean? my technical english isn't very well...

where in germany? i'm from karlsruhe.
Koschi, you and are surfing the same sites today huh? Your English is fine. The bulge is for a kind of VTC controller. The blocks are the same. The heads look a little different.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Ok, you're over in the Schwartzwald area aren't you? I stayed in Ravensburg for a month back in '94, best thing I ever did. Got blasted at the Rutenfest, it was awesome.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
your engine is throttle body injection, ours is multi port. your does not have vtc, our dose (thats the nose). your air filter is where our air penullum (sp?) is, we also have a mass air flow sensor, yours dose not.

your ga only put out 90hp!!??
ours put out 110 - 115 depending on year!! (of course this is at the crank).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts