Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this thread was already started, sorry if that's the case. Could someone please tell me the difference between the SR18DE and SR20DE engines?

I've been trying to source some parts for my SR18DE and have noticed that most sites list the CA18DE, CA18DET, SR18DE, SR20DE and SR20DET as common vehicles for parts selected.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know if this thread was already started, sorry if that's the case. Could someone please tell me the difference between the SR18DE and SR20DE engines?

I've been trying to source some parts for my SR18DE and have noticed that most sites list the CA18DE, CA18DET, SR18DE, SR20DE and SR20DET as common vehicles for parts selected.
I've been advised that main difference is the bore and stroke of the SR18 and SR20. Can anyone please expound more on this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what I know, the only difference is... well the displacement. SR18DET features an inline-4 1.8 litre engine whereas the other is an inline-4 2.0 litre engine. I'm assuming that there is barely any size difference, and also if you're looking into putting a 240SX SR20DET into a small bay like an '01 Sentra then you have to consider how the block was placed in the bay. for 240SX, the SR20DET was placed with the inline going front to back, whereas the Sentra has the SE20DE placed from end to end. Look up the pictures on your favorite search engine and you'll see.

Oh, and the reason why you're seeing stuff like the CA18DE is because for the car that you own, those are the most likely of engines that will fit your engine bay. Oh and consider this:

SR, CA, etc. - for Nissans this is the engine code
18,20,25,26, etc. - for most cars this represents the litre displacement
D - Direct fuel-injection (I think)
E - Electronic.... something (sorry I forgot)
T - Turbo.

Hope this all helped :p !

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I know, the only difference is... well the displacement. SR18DET features an inline-4 1.8 litre engine whereas the other is an inline-4 2.0 litre engine. I'm assuming that there is barely any size difference, and also if you're looking into putting a 240SX SR20DET into a small bay like an '01 Sentra then you have to consider how the block was placed in the bay. for 240SX, the SR20DET was placed with the inline going front to back, whereas the Sentra has the SE20DE placed from end to end. Look up the pictures on your favorite search engine and you'll see.

Oh, and the reason why you're seeing stuff like the CA18DE is because for the car that you own, those are the most likely of engines that will fit your engine bay. Oh and consider this:

SR, CA, etc. - for Nissans this is the engine code
18,20,25,26, etc. - for most cars this represents the litre displacement
D - Direct fuel-injection (I think) DOHC
E - Electronic.... something (sorry I forgot) EFI
T - Turbo.

Hope this all helped :p !
i think this is more accurate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts