Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
diesel what??
156 Posts
the Cd17 motor shouldnt be too hard to find because its used in tractors
heavy equipment,and the nissan serena van the tranny is another story....

stock it has around 55bhp and redlines at about 4800 rpms
with 104ft lbs of torque

my CD17 has an intake enlarged injectors and has about 90 hp
im right now planning to intall a turbo which may give massive
power gains

·
diesel what??
156 Posts
yes that is the stock sentra diesel engine yes thats the usual price for em diesels can be pricey because of the higher compression, consider this the fuel pump alone is $2,999 ive had to replace mine because i ran out of gas and the fuel pump went without lubrication from the diesel fuel.oh yea it seems the fuel pump is missing from that engine and the guy doesnt know what he is saying when he says it need no computer my motor needs extensive sensors and an ECU to run and to finish it off that is a 4 speed not a 5 speed the diesel sentras come stadard with a 4 speed tranny

·
Registered
16 Posts
1.7L diesel sentra engine

Hi everyone

I'm a diesel enthusiast, and am actually asking a cross cultural (subaru to nissan) question here. Does anyone know anything about this engine (1.7L nissan diesel) being used in the the subaru leone in the late 80's in Japan? Apparently it was, but I can't find any concrete info on it. I wonder if it used the stock subaru tranny, or some special one. Were the old 4wd nissan (stanza?) wagons transverse or longitudinal engine mount? I wonder if the whole drivetrain from one of them was put in the leone by subaru, or if they used the subaru drivetrain (BTW, the leone was what they called the subaru wagons in the 80's just about everywhere in the world except in the US)

And on the engine itself, you said that it has all kinds of electronics -- but the old VW engines (pre 1994 at least) only had 6 wires hook up the entire engine, so I wonder why the nissan had more. Or maybe they went to electronic control before VW did. The power and torque does seem better than the VW 1.6NA numbers....

Thanks

And BTW, $1,250 is actually a pretty cheap price for that engine on Ebay... since gas prices went up, prices for anything diesel, running or not, have gone through the roof here in CO, and also in the NW.

Zeke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts