Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 Pickup with the 4 cyl. It has this deal where while running, where it turns off but never actually completely dies. The idle seems a little off too. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. It never does it idling and has never died. Just when I'm moving and holding the throttle down... Stops and then starts up again like nothing was wrong. Then does it again. Some days it never does it and others it does it quite a bit. I have 145,000 miles on it and havent had any problems at all with it. Like the electronics are turned off or the gas is gone for a second or two only.

Let me know if you have an idea of what might be wrong.

Thanks - Frank

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,033 Posts
First do a tuneup like changing spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter. You may also have an electrical problem; check all the engine grounds.

Do an ECU code readout; there may be a fault code set which could help you diagnose your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Codes

Hello - where do i read the codes? I had a code reader a few months ago but didnt know where to plug it in.

I'll do the plugs, filters etc and check for loose wires and bad grounds. Thanks - Frank

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,033 Posts
Generally the diagnostic connector is located on the driver's side just under the dash next to the kick panel. If the car uses the OBD-II system, the scan tool will plug in and you can get an instant code readout. However if it's the older OBD-I, you'll have to get access to the ECU and follow the code readout procedure that's outlined in the FSM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts