Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you know that you can shift a manual car w/o pressing the clutch?

others feel free to add your own did you knows. lets see how many we can come up with. some people may know the answers, some may not

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Yeah it's called revmatching. It's pretty easy but harsh on your tranny unless you do it just right.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Hey Rice, the mother of one of my ex girlfriend had a 92 Sentra Classic. Only rarely did I use the clutch in that thing when she let me borrow it, until one day she said "if you're going to drive my car you're also going to use my clutch.". You are lucky to have such a good gearbox and shift mechanism. The B13, while above average, isn't nearly as nice.

On a side note, the clutch cable on mine snapped when I was out mapping a rally route once. Fortunately I was near the end and I headed straight home, but I had to get it going on the starter, roll a couple stop signs and match revs the whole way (mostly highway).

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
revmatching is cool as fuck but it takes time to get it right.. some cars are also easier as others..but when done right you will hardly ever use your clutch... that shit is crazy cuz the next gear you shift in just pulls the shifter right into gear on its own...

here is a link that will explain it all alittle bit more... also exlpains what double clutching is ..for the people that got confused when fast and the furious came out.. damn dat movie fucked people up when they said double clutchin and granny shiftin....

http://www.boostaholic.com/revmatching.html

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats so funny, i was watching that movie two days ago and thats why i was trying to learn what double clutching is
confused when fast and the furious came out.. damn dat movie fucked people up when they said double clutchin and granny shiftin....
that night i was looking on the internet trying to learn to double clutch. just b/c of that line.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luvregals

so i went to the site you said had the explaination of heel/toe, double clutch, etc. now i have a question..... when you are trying to take a turn (3rd to 2nd) using heel/toe and you blip the throttle....do you let go of the throttle before you release the clutch. when you blip the throttle do you let go of it, release the clutch and then hit the throttle again? i am trying to picture this in my head. i dont want to try this and kill my car.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
homie i dont know this shit.. I drive an auto for that same reason.. have done revmatch shifting.. not to sure about the heel toe thing.. im into drag..so pretty much all the cars i have built are autos... dont know why i just think they are better..

·
Registered
149 Posts
luvregals said:
revmatching is cool as fuck but it takes time to get it right.. some cars are also easier as others..but when done right you will hardly ever use your clutch... that shit is crazy cuz the next gear you shift in just pulls the shifter right into gear on its own...

here is a link that will explain it all alittle bit more... also exlpains what double clutching is ..for the people that got confused when fast and the furious came out.. damn dat movie fucked people up when they said double clutchin and granny shiftin....

http://www.boostaholic.com/revmatching.html

Damn. After reading all these threads I never got the concept. After reading that I finally get it. Damn I cant wait unitil im off to try it. Let you guys know if im successful. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shit just becareful..we dont wanna here about another pour nissan wrecked on the side of the road...

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
luvregals said:
homie i dont know this shit.. I drive an auto for that same reason.. have done revmatch shifting.. not to sure about the heel toe thing.. im into drag..so pretty much all the cars i have built are autos... dont know why i just think they are better..

amen......***** I feel the same exact way....*******

·
Registered
149 Posts
luvregals said:
shit just becareful..we dont wanna here about another pour nissan wrecked on the side of the road...
I feel the same way and I will. But I'm never usually concerned with my driving. Im more concerned with others, cuz you know everyone else out there drives like sh!t. I mean I wont be attempting it in 5 o'clock traffic, but there is a couple straight aways on the way home I wanna have a shot at. Good lookin out though.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha i bet the traffic in O'Side isnt ass bad as the 405 in L.A. shit at times the highest speed you will go is like 5 mph..hahahah.. but doesnt the 405 run through oceanside as well... guess it is prolly the same out ther huh

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn that sux, 5mph. i usually dont mind traffic (here in ny) but i might have road rage if i was stuck in traffic everyday in ca. props for yol ca guys who deal with that day to day

·
Registered
149 Posts
luvregals said:
hahaha i bet the traffic in O'Side isnt ass bad as the 405 in L.A. shit at times the highest speed you will go is like 5 mph..hahahah.. but doesnt the 405 run through oceanside as well... guess it is prolly the same out ther huh
No, the 405 doesn't run out here. The 5 does. I heard on the news its closed right now due to some big wreck and is prolly backed up all the way to San Clemente. But where I work the main road home (El Camino Real) gets pretty packed. But I pull what I call "dip moves" and make it home faster than most do, due to my little short cuts. I think I make some people mad though. Oh well ... its all good. :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats right the 405 merges with the 5 right after Irvine... and shit road rage is really common here in LA.. shit you need to be a real patient person to deal with the traffic in LA>.. you got people on celphones trying to drive and right down directions.. you got people that are brushing there teeth while driving and talking on the phone at the same time.. shit you name it its out here... shit i seen a ladythe other day trying to drive with her knee talking on the phone while trying to put her kids shoe on that was sittin in the back seat...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you know.......

Damn if she pulled that off then thats talent. Stupid but talent.

As for road rage - Did you know that in LA 2 out of 5 cars has a gun in it and in San Diego 1 out of 5 cars has a gun in it.
So don't piss off the wrong person. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont think there are as many guns in our cars here, but people are people. everyone wiggs out some time. i have at least one profanity-laced tirade a week.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did you know that if a cop gives you a ticket and one item is wrong on the ticket, plate number etc. then the ticket is void...... so check your tickets carefully.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts