Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from a week-long trip only to find out that my mother had taken my new Altima 08 3.5 SL for a trip about 45 min south.

"So, how did the trip go?" I ask her.

"Great, and the car handled great," she replies. "...only one thing though... do you know why it shifts at such high rpms?"

Uh oh... something is wrong...

We walk out to the car and I ask her if she put the car in to tiptronic mode while she was driving.

"Ya, is that a problem?"

O boy...

It turns out she didn't know how to work the tiptronic and drove like that for the entire trip. I just took the car out and the transmission sounds ok (no real notable differences). The car doesn't shift out of first until you go about 40-45 and I imagine she probably rode around 6000 rpms on the freeway in 3rd for about 30 min, and probably did about 30 min of driving between 0 and 45 mph in 1st gear.

So to my question:

What kind of damages may have been done to the car? I'll surely give the car dealer a call tomorrow and probably end up taking the car in... but could REALLY use some advice from any online viewer. I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
what's your gut tell you?
if a tranny doesn't work right.. it doesn't work right...

something inside is effed up.

just like any other shifter.. you ride in the wrong gear and you're going to eff it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts