Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok has anyone actual bought this? i know it is rather expensive 140 or so. but does it actually work? does it give any gains at all? if you have bought this please let me know what you think of it. thanks.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I don't anyone here has one. You can make your own for alot cheaper.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I always wanted to get it but never had the money.. Everyone has told me to make my own but i'd rather buy a product..

If you get it tell me how you like it

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I'm not putting any money into my car beyond keeping it on the road, and I don't think anyone else here is going to buy the intake. It's been discussed for A LONG TIME!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
my friend matt bought it for his b12 he told me he doesnt feel to much difference at all.. mostly it makes sound.

i dont think itll do you much good than the stock intake does..

if you want noise you can put a breather filter on the valve cover and take the top off and put the screws back on the filter thatll give you the sound you want... doesnt really do much for performance either though. for 140 im sure you can get a custom shop to make you one too :) maybe a cai

B

·
0 Posts
The bottom line is that you're not gonna be able to squeeze out breaktaking horsepower from the GA16i engine. I was thinking about buying that intake, but that 140 dollars can go towards an engine swap for much more power and better tuning potential. I'm going to buy a drop in K&N filter, which improves horsepower (barely) and gas mileage for $40 instead. Just my input.

·
Registered
292 Posts
did you happen to know they dont make a K&N intake for the GA16i engine :)

you can get alot of HP out of the ga16i its just a matter of how you do it and how much money you are willing to spend...

ive chosen to stick with my engine because i can hng with 240's and hondas.. i dont really care if I beet them because my car isnt a race car but aslong as I can hng its all good.. the eurocam should give me a nice boost and maybe a few other parts will do me good.

Engine swaps are nice and wonderfull. but there is nothing wrong with using what ya got to the best of its ability..

another thing to remember sometimes stock parts are better .. hintx the intake.. most of those honda guys and even some us Nissan guys dont relize that some of these intakes we are buying dont really do us any good they actualy hurt our performance .

Rosen did a test on a SER they put it on the dyno with a stock intake and tested it they put it on the dyno with one of those mass produced intakes from your local performance shop... yea it lost 5hp.

now dont get me wrong properly made intakes that have gone through plenty of engeneering do the job but mass produced bazooka tubes dont... and I can tell you the DG racing intake was not engeneered the way you would want it to be. it lacks velocity and enogh metal to be more than a large crappy heat sink with not to much vacume power.

B

·
0 Posts
I know that K&N filters didn't make a filter for the GA16i, but I was talking about the one made for the E16i that can be modified to fit out cars. :) I understand what you're saying about keeping your engine and doing the best with it, and how you can hang with honda's and 240's. But, I live in Southern California, import capital of the world, home of the fast and the furious yatta yatta, and the GA16i motor can't hang with hardly any cars out here. The usual competition is guys running B16's in there civics and Eclipse GS-T's, etc., so engine swap for me is ideal. Just my experience that's all. And yes I realize that stock is usually better than aftermarket parts, and I usually try and find parts that have hard facts about dyno runs and such.

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey B12ver dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to say an engine swap isnt cool cause beleive me if i had the extra doe id probly swap a sr20det heck even after i see where this engine goes i might go ahead and do one.

i wasnt directing the stock topic to you either .. i was just making a general statment .. oh and BTW i have some dyno specs you might be interested in they will give you the optimal timing for the best performance. they were done on my stock Ga16i about 2 years ago.

B

·
0 Posts
No hard feeling dude. I get what you're saying. Engine swaps aren't cheap, and many of us including myself would have to save up for a while to afford one. I'd like to see those dyno specs if you have them. Post 'em or you could e-mail them to me. I'd appreciate it.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
are u guys saying that the kn filter wont fit and 87 e16s?

B

·
0 Posts
K&N does make a filter that fits the E16 engine in the 87-88 sentras. It would also fit in the 89-90 sentras with a slight bit of modification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts