Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone replacing their cabin air filter or engine air filter, I noticed that the options are fairly limited in the X trail section at Rock Auto. Not sure why the Denso options do not show up but if you go into the 2006 Altima section with the 2.5 engine, suddenly the options triple and the Denso ones are particularly well priced for the quality.
As per usual delivery doubles the price, but with taxes and delivery charges I was able to order both filters for $24.72 cdn total delivered.
Not sure why Denso does not show these parts as fitting the X trail but they are exact fit.:D

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,226 Posts
I noticed that the options are fairly limited in the X trail section at Rock Auto. Not sure why the Denso options do not show up but if you go into the 2006 Altima section with the 2.5 engine, suddenly the options triple and the Denso ones are particularly well priced for the quality. As per usual delivery doubles the price, but with taxes and delivery charges I was able to order both filters for $24.72 cdn total delivered.
Not sure why Denso does not show these parts as fitting the X trail but they are exact fit.:D
I've noticed that RockAuto has X-trail listings for only 2005-2006 years. Maybe because X-trails are not sold in the U.S. and also might be due to the BREXIT situation in the UK; from what the news is saying is that Nissan is shutting down two assembly plants in the UK because of that. World politics as usual.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The X trail was only sold in Canada for the 2005 and 2006 model years, and as you say never offered in the US. I think car parts are sold in regional networks as I notice that major companies such as Denso have specific sites for different parts of the world. What they sell in Europe or Asia is not necessarily what they sell in North America. And sure enough, if you look at their European site and use its part finder there are a number of parts for the X trail, but on the North American Denso site, there is only one or two that show up.
With regard to the Brexit mess, my understanding is that Nissan and Honda will be closing plants in the UK because they will no longer be able to export to continental Europe tariff-free without being part of the European common market. It messes with financing, supply and distribution chains and creates massive uncertainty for the future. In the ironclad law of unforeseen consequences in their zeal to put Britain first, they are about to lose a huge chunk of their automotive industry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts