Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was there an option for delay wipers for the b14's? every sentra i have seen doesn't have them.. including mine. Also.. if that was an option.. if i get a delay wiper switch... would that be plug and play? or more re-routing of wires like the tach cluster?

·
M-kay...
128 Posts
I also have an X-terra which has the delay switch for the wipers. I'm not sure exactly, but you might be able to take that switch from a car like that and plug it in, it sure looks standard. I did that with my fog lights switch, used one from 200sx though. If you can go to a junk yard or some other parts store and look around some Nissans, if you find the switch, take it try and install it, see if it works or not, then tell us what you found. Ofcourse this is only a theory of mine.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
mine has high, low and one setting for delay, nothing like a switch where you could set the delay as in my sister's nissan pickup

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
BlackNismo95 said:
was there an option for delay wipers for the b14's? every sentra i have seen doesn't have them.. including mine. Also.. if that was an option.. if i get a delay wiper switch... would that be plug and play? or more re-routing of wires like the tach cluster?
You can add an electronic delay controller between the motor and the switch. This should be just a three or four wire install. power, gnd, to and from the wiring harness at most. We used to make these ourselves at one time.....sorry my age is showing.
These were sold years ago but have disappeared because the function is standard on so many cars. You might be able to find one. You will need a place to mount the control, this used to be a variable resister, rotary style.
Yes my B14 has the hi, low and delay with a fixed delay. This suggests there is a module somewhere that performs the delay function. Try looking in the FSM.
Good luck.....

·
Registered
435 Posts
It was never an option on any of the B13s or B14s but the swap has been documented. Look around on SE-R.net and it is on there with the fog light mod. The fellow documents wiring and exact nissan part numbers to get the intermittent switch and the relay. However I believe it was around $70 for the two parts but if you want it bad enough..... Just wish I had the money because I do.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
my b14 has delay on the wipes.

·
Registered
435 Posts
xbrandonx said:
my b14 has delay on the wipes.
They must have slid it in on a few packages.:thumbup: I guess per this link
http://www.se-r.net/electrical/variable.html
it seemed to suggest that it wasn't available. But they did odd little extras in certain years. My 98' 200sx SE has front SE-R brakes. Go figure. This link however is the best way to add delay if your not lucky enough to have it.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
sfhellwig said:
They must have slid it in on a few packages.:thumbup: I guess per this link
http://www.se-r.net/electrical/variable.html
it seemed to suggest that it wasn't available. But they did odd little extras in certain years. My 98' 200sx SE has front SE-R brakes. Go figure. This link however is the best way to add delay if your not lucky enough to have it.
As I mentioned my 97 GXE has a fixed delay.
Well the Nissan parts route is the neatest, but is more money, and probably the most work.
To add a variable delay is easy if you can find a good place to mount a variable resistor. (without changing out the switch and stalk)
I did a quick search and immediatly found the circuit to build your own,
http://www.techlib.com/files/wiperkik.pdf
and JC Whitney has a unit for 15.99
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts