Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that this post probably doesnt belong here, but i'm not sure where else to put it.

anyway... i have a clifford matrix 3 alarm system and just got an autostart add-on. my car is a manual, but i have seen people put them on manuals before... my question is how hard is this to hook up? i doubt anyone (store) would put it on for me, so it looks like its gonna be up to me. has anyone else done this?

any help would be great.
thanks
scott

·
Registered
393 Posts
we sell that model @ best buy, and i know we do install on them. remember not to leave your car in gear when you do that tho. stick it in neutral, and use your sidebrake

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
I have no idea how to put one on a manual , but i just did mine this past sunday, its great to have its pretty easy on our automatics, no one should have to pay anyone to have this put in its simple, especially when it comes with the install kit and Video. Good luck man i dont know what the big difference would be but i think it would be some clutch manipulation involved. i dont know.

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
I have no idea how to put one on a manual , but i just did mine this past sunday, its great to have its pretty easy on our automatics, no one should have to pay anyone to have this put in its simple, especially when it comes with the install kit and Video. Good luck man i dont know what the big difference would be but i think it would be some clutch manipulation involved. i dont know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
many won't

I've had remote start put on several automatics but the shops and electonic stores I've talked to here in St. Louis say they won't do it because of the liability with the car jumping if left in gear when off. Is best buy policy to be ok with putting them on? If I thought I could add it easily as an alarm add on, I might be tempted to have at it. pablo

·
Registered
393 Posts
i have an auto, and i work there... so even if i had a stick, i think they'd put it on for me. i think youre right tho. depending on how the shop is, they'll either warn you, and make you sign something maybe.. or just not do it at all. thats why i said you need to put your car in neutral and use the sidebrake.

E

·
0 Posts
The kid before me put it on my 200. It only starts when the shifter is in neutral. It cant/wont start with the car in gear. So yes it can be done.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought it at best buy, but from what i know here in Maryland, its illegal to put them on a manual, so i'm going to have to put in on myself... what i was wondering, is will i be able to figure out how to do it (since instructions will be for auto). or will i have to find someone to do it for me?

thanks
scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts