Nissan Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
cant time it

Hi all:
This is an excellent post. But I have a question or two. On my 97 Sentra GXE, there is 2 connectors on the TPS. A brown and a a grey. I unplugged the brown and tried to time it, but the RPM was to low to time it. I adjusted the idle, but it did not seem correct. So any assistance would be good. I followed all the steps in the post, but when I hit the timing marks on the crank pully the engine is sluggish to respond idles rough. So I must be missing something. LiL' Help?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, good post,
but I still have TWO important questions:

- What is a safe timing for RON 97? I usually fill with v-power and it's supposed to be 97 over here.
- how does pinging/nocking sound? Is this easily noticed? I couldn't find a youtube with clear sound.

I changed my timing from 10 to 15 btdc, didn't notice much difference, but I'll do some more test driving soon.

@dbkc397: a dirty MAF may cause rough idle, otherwise I have no clue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this the same procedure for adjusting timing on a 1993 pathfinder? I just got finished replacing my engine with a good used one and can't get my timing set right. It wouldn't go above 10 degrees advanced so I advanced the distributor one tooth, now it won't go below 25 degrees advanced. I'm a diesel mechanic so I'm new to timing spark, but the used engine I bought didn't come with a distributor and this is what happened after putting the one from my old engine into the replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How would I check and adjust timing on a 2005 Nissan Altima with a 2.5 l ?
These do not have a distributor

I have done everything but this car still spits out the P0340 code.

New oem cam and crank sensor
new battery/body ground
cleaned and degreased both sensor connectors
changed oil

Cant pass inspection without this. Don't have the cash to give free will to dealer to play around

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
How would I check and adjust timing on a 2005 Nissan Altima with a 2.5 l ?
These do not have a distributor

I have done everything but this car still spits out the P0340 code.

New oem cam and crank sensor
new battery/body ground
cleaned and degreased both sensor connectors
changed oil

Cant pass inspection without this. Don't have the cash to give free will to dealer to play around
The ignition timing is controlled by the ECM, so you can't adjust it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Should the timing gun bet set to 0 when doing this or 8/10?

THANKS!
If you've got one of those relatively cheap adjustable advance timing guns from Autozone or Walmart or wherever, forget it. Those things are never accurate.

Set the timing gun to zero and set the actual timing on the engine to 10 degrees BTDC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you have to change to higher octane fuel after adjusting timing?...OOPS. I didn't read the beginning of the topic, sorry! I feel like a douuche now...great sticky though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IDLE UP PROBLEM NISSAN B13

Hi im having a problem with my B13 Nissan, The rpm went down when i turn on AC. I have changed my ISCV already and all wires is finek. And when i drove and turning on the AC mostly the car engine stops and this is very stressful. I hope i can get an answer and help from you guys. Maybe one of you could help me what is wrong with my car problem regarding AC and IDLE UP :(((((
PLEASE HELP!
Here is my email cmarkuz07 at gmail

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 92 B13 with a new fairly new IAC but when I disconnect the TPS the base idle goes to 1200 rpm and I can’t adjust it down, could this be from the fuel regulator being bad or the secondary air regulator, the iac regulator being bad? Tried to get a smog and the guy failed me for 12 degrees and he never even put it in base timing.

Thanks

81 - 93 of 93 Posts